Diablo Belzebub

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Simpa_

Diablo Belzebub

Post by Simpa_ »

Here some tips and ideas

Fastpickup gold
Multiplayer compatible with 4 or 8 players
Add / Player 1-4 for more experience
Add Monk character
Be able to sell items, potions with 1 click
Diablo 2 Soceress spells
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

Fastpickup system for gold would be really cool, that is for sure :)

Multiplayer for belzebebub makes no sense, because we got tchernobog for this! But the project has been stoped because brightlord fear copyright issues. We need to continue tchernobog for mp and not belzebub.

Monk character already exist, but in a semi version. Assasin is inspired by monk and uses similar spells. A new class would be cool, but a monk would make for me no sense cause then nobody would play the assasin anymore.

The spells are totally fine. I guess we do not need new spells. Maybe some balance problems could be caused by adding new spells so that the spells become way better than the current. That would be really bad since brightlord needs years to patch it. Remember the guardian spell before V.0.1.0 . It was totally broken and you was able to clear torment as a wizard in around 3min. The damage was incredible high.

My tips and advices for new content would be:

- Balance some sets; Buff the following sets by adding some atractive boosts: IMMORTAL KING, GRISWOLD'S LEGACY; BUL-KATHOS' CHILDREN; M'AVINA'S BATTLE HYMN; TRANG-OUL'S AVATAR; TAL RASHA'S WRAPPINGS. The reason for the buff is that nobody plays the sets in the end game. The uniques replace them in most end game builds like for instance: hearthseeker+dragonslayer replaces M'AVINA'S BATTLE HYMN.
-Maybe adding some more act of transforming; It was really fun to play with this affix, although some items which delivered act of transforming was very bad.
- adding new maps and levels would be also incredible cool; I had some good idea one month ago. In diablo 1 there was this april joke with the cow level. There are still people searching the cow level, but there is none
:cry: . Maybe we can add a hidden easter egg into belzebub. So that you need to throw for instance a specific item on the ground, where the cows chill in town so that a red portal opens, which leads to a cow level, where u can find a cow set or some other new items. This cow set could have act of transforming by the way. It would be ofc extremely hard to implement this into the game...
- I like your idea with the spells much, but I guess it got the wrong approach! Instead of adding new active spells, we could add some passives from d2. For instance mana regeneration buff or resistance buff and much more.

just some more ideas,
regards
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

My tip would be to make the game run in Windows NT compatibility mode by default.