Lost treasure quest bugged

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
thirstyjack

Lost treasure quest bugged

Post by thirstyjack »

I was playing with my warrior on normal mode and proceeded to the lost treasure quest. I died in the second battle with all four mages(MP 10 btw). I restarted in town and somehow managed to kill all of them(?), but nothing dropped. I thought maybe there's one more mage left and looked everywhere, but nothing showed up. Assuming the game's bugged, I rebooted and started the quest again. This time it was on MP1, and I was very sure that I killed all of them, and still nothing dropped.
I've played the rogue and sorcerer through torment and something like this never happened before.

Now, this character is probably bugged and I am wondering are there anything else I can try besides making a new one?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

So what happens when you try to do a different quest? Try Shadowfang, see if he still drops the Sword.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

I've read about this issue before here in the forum, but I can't find the energy to look into dozens of posts... but this has been answered before, if you haven't searched the forum about it, please do, I'm sure you'll find the solution from someone who dealt with this before.
thirstyjack

Post by thirstyjack »

Solved. Tried again today after completing the Andariel quest (this should not be an issue) and the symbol dropped! Really don't know what happened. But anyway, thanks guys!
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

The solution was to start it in compatibility mode.
Cassiel

Post by Cassiel »

One other solution was not to leave the quest & go back to town for any reason or nothing dropped. You could get killed & come back but you could not leave either by town portal or by walking back.
Have a Better One
SamAlchemist

Post by SamAlchemist »

Thanks, that's good to know. Have had the same issue. Suspect it's because the last mage dies out of sight and i figured i would sell my loot before searching. But what you're saying is that makes it disappear.