Finally a HS

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
LethalLag

Finally a HS

Post by LethalLag »

This took me weeks. Many hours on Torment TH, running Torment Caves/Hell, 4 Magewrath bow drops later I finally have a HS. From gambling of all places.

https://imgur.com/a/FBGQQFw

I tried gambling on my lvl43 Sorc and spent many millions. Then I thought maybe gambling worked like it did in D2 with a +/- qlvl range based on clvl, so I tried my lvl50 Rogue and got it tonight.

Not a perfect roll, but it will do. Time to farm for those lvl50 recipes now :D
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Congrats! =D I found two HS in Torment TH with a Sorc clvl 44. =)

Btw, I'm about to start sending dozens of millions in gambling, and I'm thinking about gambling for a ring; I'm wishing to find a Symbol of Rathma (qlvl 55). My Rogue is about to get to clvl 52.
Any tips on how best to try this? Difficulty should be Torment, obviously; but would it increase the chances if I waited for my Rogue to get a couple levels higher?
Also, does it matter what rings I buy when gambling? Should I only buy rings that require higher clvl to use? Or is it the same to try with whatever ring is offered?
LethalLag

Post by LethalLag »

I'm not sure how helpful I can be with your questions.

I haven't been able to find any official information here, nor is there any way to identify the qlvl of a gambled item to test. I can only assume it works either as qlvl = clvl or like Diablo 2 where the qlvl is between -4 and +5 of your character level, which means you would need to be lvl 59 to guarantee a gamble can roll for a unique. That is all a big assumption. As far as I am aware the difficulty level does not play into it.

I know the stats on the item are based on your character level and don't seem to be capped based on the price of the item (e.g. low tier item vs higher tier). However, I don't know if the base qlvl of that ring is a requirement for rolling that particular unique - I suspect it would require a higher priced ring to roll for it based on how gambling for other uniques work (e.g. gambling for Composite Bows won't roll for Ward Bows and therefore a HS - you would need to match the base item qlvl with the base of the unique if that makes sense).

I too would love to know how gambling actually works in this game
:?
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

I read a dozen threads about gambling, and, it ain't much, but this is what I found:
1-Most people affirm Gambling is influenced by Difficulty level and clvl. So best Gambling is with you highest level char in Torment.
2-According to most, Player X command does not influence Gambling.
3-A few people claim MF influence Gambling, but many didn't agree with this.

I could not find anything about the relation between buying the most expensive rings/amulets and getting higher qlvl rings/amulets.
I would assume it does have a relation, but, I don't think there is a way to know for sure.

My conclusions:
1-Only people with access to the code could know things for sure... other than that, it's just guesses, often supersticious ones.
2-There is not enough data to make assumptions with confidence. It is possible that qlvl and difficulty level do not influence gambling, even though unlikely; and it is possible that MF does influence gambling, even though unlikely.

Only real way to find out these stuff is if people would gamble with a method and offer the information on how they did it and the results. I don't see that ever happening here.

This is what I'll do: I will have 100 million soon, and will get my Rogue to clvl 54. Then I will only buy cheap rings and amulets, and will take note of results. If I get high qlvl rings and amulets (this can be seen by the graph of the ring/amulet) then at least I will know that it doesn't matter what price you pay when gambling. This can be very helpful because it takes a whole variable out of the way (price paid VS item qlvl).
If I do not find a high qlvl ring/amulet with a clvl 54 char and 100 million, I will just assume that there is a relation between price VS item qlvl. And, if that's the case, I'll know that it's best to buy the most expensive items to improve chances of getting high qlvl items.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Ok, I've gambled 80 million with my clvl 53 Rogue in Torment. Only bought rings (from all prices).
I did not see a pattern in Ring Price VS Ring Quality. Some cheap rings would require up to clvl 29, but could have freaking great properties, such as +20 All and other top quality properties. Some expensive rings could go as bad as "-4 damage from enemies + 10% Magic Find" and still require clvl 37 and shit like that.
Nothing I bought was useful. Not a sigle unique. One set item ring (Infernal).

My conclusion is: gambling absolutely sucks. The only use for it as far as I can see is to just use the idle gold to buy a bunch of shit and get a good amount of crafting material from the items. That's it.
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

I find it easier to gamble HS if I turn windows compatibility mode on.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

I am DEFINITELY trying that, hldemi! :lol:
Rota

Post by Rota »

SkyrosX2. About the rings and amulets. The best way of finding them is to kill Special Champions (I mean champs like Leoric or Andariel) with the highest $player level. I will show you examples but firstly pls can anyone tell me how to make the screenshots in belzebub? :D I can't find where they are saved or maybe in belzebub is other button for SCREENSHOTS? Help plz
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Hi, Rota!
Yeah, I'm aware. I'm doing runs in dlvl 16 + Diablo Dungeon on Torment. I only manage to use MP1 or MP2, though. Otherwise I die too often. At MP0 I hardly ever die.

About the printscreen, just use the PrintScreen key on the keyboard, and the printscreen is automatically saved in your Belzebub folder! =)
LethalLag

Post by LethalLag »

I agree with that gambling is largely just for crafting materials.

I think it would take a few rounds of that 80mil to get an idea of how base types of rings roll into uniques. Your results just demonstrate how qlvl and clvl correlates. clvl is based on the prefix/suffix clvl requirements, which is based on the qlvl of the item. For example:

You could get a Composite Bow that requires clvl48 because it has the "Cruel" prefix, which obviously wouldn't be possible without the required qlvl (you can't get that at Normal lvl1 for example). However, no matter how high the qlvl of the Composite Bow is, you still can't get a Heartseeker without rolling the correct base item (Ward Bow).

I'm really interested to know whether the different ring costs are in fact different base items similar to how Composite Bow and Ward Bows are. Specifically, regardless of your clvl, whether it's actually possible to roll for a Symbol of Rathma ring (qlvl55) by rolling the cheapest ring type.

Rambling on a bit here, but I'm going to test out whether setting a higher $player level affects unique champion drops. I always thought they dropped a static number of items and that the quality of the drop (i.e. magic/rare/unique) was based on Magic Find and not $player level?

EDIT: $player level does increase number of items from super uniques. 30 kills on $Player 0 gave me 2 item drops consistently from Lazurus. On $Player 6 gave me anywhere between 2-4 item drops.

Up to you if you think it's worth the time to take down Lazurus on a higher $player level I guess.
Last edited by LethalLag on 09 May, 2018 5:47, edited 1 time in total.
Rota

Post by Rota »

Sky... I got problem so. I put he PrintScrn button but in my belzebub folder there are no any screenshots :(
I remember when I played belzebub long time ago. There was a folder but why now it not exists? I'm Win 10 x64

I will try again maybe with comp settings or run as admin and let you know
Rota

Post by Rota »

Hell Yeah. I ran game as Admin and got it.
Look, the shit can be dropped ^^

LethalLag

Post by LethalLag »

nice ring! grats
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

@LethalLag

Thank you for your inputs!
Just one thing: I know a lot of people say that LT (Lost Treasure) Torment drop items up to qlvl 43. But that's not true, and I don't know who was the first person to say this, and I also don't know how it has been so long with no one realising that this is not the case.
I have found quite a few items above qlvl 43. THe highest one was the staff Oculus, which is qlvl 56.
LethalLag

Post by LethalLag »

I know a lot of people say that LT (Lost Treasure) Torment drop items up to qlvl 43. But that's not true, and I don't know who was the first person to say this, and I also don't know how it has been so long with no one realising that this is not the case.
I have found quite a few items above qlvl 43. The highest one was the staff Oculus, which is qlvl 56

Good pickup! the things we assume from old forum posts...

On another topic: forum post tags (quote, italics etc) don't work now?