Hellfire Crashing after the intro cinematic.

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
marabunta

Hellfire Crashing after the intro cinematic.

Post by marabunta »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm glad that you guys keep responding it even after some years.

I got Diablo 1, 2 years ago. It works perfectly. This week i got Hellfire and I tried to install it and it did not worked, so I cheked on this site and I followed these steps:

1- Create a new folder named Hellfire.
2-Download the awaked mod.
3-Copy the .mpq files to the folder.
4-set the compatibility on Windows 8.

It worked perfectly the first time. Then every time i try to launch it, after the intro cinematics, the game crash. I tried to uninstall and redo those steps, but it's still crashing. Can someone help me please so I can play, with the Hellfire expansion. :) [/b][/quote]
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

You might not need to run it in compatibility mode. Try turning that off, and while you're in compatibility settings make sure you're running the game as an administrator.
If neither of those work, we could use a little more information. When you say the game crashed, do you mean it locked up, it went back to Windows and closed the game, you got a blue screen of death?
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
marabunta

Post by marabunta »

Actually now my game don't run anymore. I clicked on execute as administrator, but it does nothing.

When my game crashed, the game just returned on the desktop with a message saying that my game stopped to run.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Alrighty then. It looks like there's known compatibility issues with Windows 8 (surprise surprise /sarcasm); try this tutorial.

http://www.dummies.com/computers/operat ... windows-8/

Sorry for all the ads on the page but it was the best I could find. The game should expect Windows XP but if the first option doesn't work you can play around a little.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Keighn

Post by Keighn »

I’m going to redownload the 64 bit version but I noticed I can’t get the tylide to function to get the damn menus off the screen. I guess fresh install.

Windows 10 on a 1366x768 screen laptop.

It’s a pity this mod and THEHell didn’t have the awesome interface of Belzebub HD. It’s fucking awesome to play full screen on a labtop.

Are there front end loaders that catalogue Diablo mods and can set them up like belzebub?