Black mushroom

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wormek

Black mushroom

Post by Wormek »

In the description of the quest is written: "Start: Enter Caves Level 9, search for a Fungal Tome and take it to Adria. OPTIONAL: search for and touch the Slain Hero's body.". How should I understand it? We can get 3 extra points for elixir OR rare item from slain here? How do these quests work in this mod?
I did black mushroom quest but I can't find slain here body around 9 level. It has always been in original Diablo.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

It's in there still. Though it probably can't spawn if you've finished the quest already - not sure about that. But when you get the quest, it should be there. Random rare item isn't anything special or valuable anyway, so don't get too upset if you can't find it :)
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

I agree, I don't worry about rare item from slain here, but I wonder if you can make both - black mushroom and slian here in one game?

I mean, if I touch slain here first in next game, will I be still able to get 3 points from elixir?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

No, touching the hero has no effect on your ability to complete the Black Mushroom quest or vice versa. It just so happens that when you asked your question I was in the middle of doing that very quest and you made me paranoid so I went and watched a bunch of videos to make sure I had the right answer. The two "quests" are unrelated except they both just so happen to be on the same level of the dungeon. Both the Fungal Tome and the Dead Hero spawn at the same time so they don't prevent the other from happening.
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

I thought same, but I was exploring whole 9 level twice and couldn't find slain there. It was same 9 level, maybe if I back while new game it would be there now. Anyhow, as Miacis said, rare item for sorcerer (staff I guess?) isn't that important ;)
Thank you for your answers, I will give it a second chance while nightmare.