Mana and HP formulas by class

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
SamAlchemist

Mana and HP formulas by class

Post by SamAlchemist »

Been trying to work out the Mana and Life progression for each class. Recording stats with different equipment at a couple of levels, seems like these are the calculations:

Life=base_life + life_factor x (clevel + Vitality) + HP_boosts
Mana=base_mana + mana_factor x (clevel + Magic) + Mana_boosts

For Warrior
base_life = 18 life_factor = 2
base_mana = 0 mana_factor = 0

For Necromancer
base_life = -20 life_factor = 1.5
base_mana = -45 mana_factor = 1.5

but its a little off.
SamAlchemist

Rogue has been nerfed

Post by SamAlchemist »

In D1, the Rogue started out with 45 HP and 22 Mana, then added 2 HP/Vitality and 2 Mana/Magic.

In Belzebub, the Rogue starts out with 31 HP and 54 Mana, but only gets 1.5 HP/Vitality and 1 Mana/Magic. Ouch!

I expected it to be 1.5 and 1.5, since for most characters, HP_factor+Mana_factor=3.0. Why is Rogue only 2.5?
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

I don't know why Rogue is only 2.5, but Rogue is the strongest char in the mod, she can beat Torment dlvl 16 in a couple of minutes if played properly. So 2.5 or 3 really doesn't matter.
SamAlchemist

Three separate factors for this calculation?

Post by SamAlchemist »

So now i have found Jarulf's guide for D1 and Hellfire. http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-12141.html
He shows three factors each for HP and Mana calculations: One for character's stat, one for boosted stat, and one for character's level.

Warrior and Sorceror are simple, all three factors are the same. But for Rogue, the factors are different, 1, 1.5 and 2, for both HP and Mana. Only the last value is usually mentioned, she gets 2 mana and 2 HP per level. But she only gets 1 point of each per base stat (Vit or Mag), and 1.5 of each per boosted stat (from items).

Is this same calculation used in Belzebub?
SamAlchemist

Corrected factors

Post by SamAlchemist »

From another thread, i found there is a manual for this mod. Who knew? Should be pinned, like the updated URL.

It calls the HP/Mana factor for permanent stats, "hardpoints", and the factor for boosted stats, "softpoints". Found a few errors in the factors.

Rogue Mana Softpoints =1.0 (manual says 1.5)

Barbarian HP Per level = 2.5 (vs 2.0)

Necromancer HP Hardpoints = 1.5 (vs 1.0)
(still trying to work out Necro Mana factors)

Having way too much fun working these out :D