OBS streaming crashing Belzebub any fixes?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Koopa300

OBS streaming crashing Belzebub any fixes?

Post by Koopa300 »

I'm going to run Throwback Thursday on my Facebook and Twitch Streaming to multiple websites is demanding so i decided to try just Facebook then it crashed again... IDK if it's belzebub or OBS but the game crashes after 1hr and 30mins.
Gonna try just running the game alone and see if it's OBS messing things up.

I'm not running compatibility mode because you cannot capture it if is in Windows Xp SP3
"Crimson and Azure become as the sun."
Koopa300

Nope it's OBS

Post by Koopa300 »

Been running for 4 hours now i'll try desktop capture next time maybe that will fix the problem
"Crimson and Azure become as the sun."
Therercher

Same issue

Post by Therercher »

I actually have the same issue, just had multiple crashes during a run, luckily I had a co-stream so it didn't really hurt much. but yeah, nearly 500 hours of streaming and suddenly the mod causes obs crashes. I've done plain diablo 1 too without any issues.

I've looked at the crash log and its error code (obs Unhandled exception: c000001d) lead me to several different issues, a few about cpu settings. However each of my crashes have this in it too: Fault address: 7FF86BDB5D5B (c:\program files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\libx264-148.dll). It seems that the errors related to "Llibx2640148" are to do with CPU overuse. if anything I'd say the game might be spiking in the CPU department, however I've played plenty of games that have CPU spikes and don't cause this.

The actual issue seems to be CPU related.