My thoughts on Beelzebub

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Icefire

Post by Icefire »

np
Last edited by Icefire on 29 Dec, 2017 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
jcvmarques

Post by jcvmarques »

I agree with sergio, it's much easier to progress when you already found something decent. Started with a mage, got to Hell and decided to farm the LT chests a bit to have some loot for my Warrior and Rogue.

Bow of the Dead is easy to find and the Rogue was able to go through Torment with it. Zakarumite for Warrior is also an awesome sword until mid Hell.

Once mage reached Torment, more LT chests and I found pretty good stuff. Hearthseeker, Immortal King belt, Vampire Gaze.
Icefire

Post by Icefire »

np
Last edited by Icefire on 29 Dec, 2017 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

I agree that there is a problem with lower level items being better than high end items due to some stats that make them so much better. There should be a skill that makes warrior/barb/assassin (?) more effective to deal with large numbers of monsters. There should be a way for magic dependent classes to deal with the whole resistance thing and being able to at least choose which element to use.

And that's it. For me at least. Plus those imbalance things come up with hell/torment. I hadn't any problems finding items in normal. I mean any yellow(?)/boss monster gives u an almost guaranteed yellow item, at least blue. If u try to find good items in itemracks good look. Lost treasure gives you PLENTY of good items for normal.

Also if you find a yellow item that you won't use with one class, don't sell or salvage it keep it for your other classes. You got more than enough space to keep those for eventual other chars you might play.

Mage doesn't need anything then books to easily complete normal.
You did play mage as u said, what is your problem with him? Is there a particular situation/boss u can't overcome? Maybe we can give you some hints and tricks.

Finding not only plates or any at all in hell makes perfect sense since in this mod magic classes don't wear em due to lack of strength (in vanilla Diablo mage would wear plates). And even warrior don't even wear plates in normal cause some like to skill dex with em. Also with 4 difficultie levels it doesn't makes much sense to get the good items in normal.
You get any items you need for any class in normal to easily beat normal. I did it with mage/warrior/Rouge without twinking them items.
Icefire

Post by Icefire »

np
Last edited by Icefire on 29 Dec, 2017 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

1. With lvl 30 you should be half way through hell. But havent even beat normal. So in what world do you expect to get good items for an lvl 30 char in normal?

I've played ALL of them until at least level 25. I have NOT finished normal yet on any of them.
3. Vanilla Diablo can't be compared to HD mod AT ALL. The whole point of having the possibility to exchange items in a single player game is that it is ment to be used. So how can you say HD mod has flaws when it's you that doesn't understand that HD mod is not ment to be the way you would like it to be?

4. There are 2 magic based classes.

5. LT runs were mentioned several times and you haven't even replied to it even once. So what kind of garbage have you found so far in LT? I'm very confident you didn't find rags and daggers for lvl 1 chars.

6. It is not only possible but also very simple to beat normal with every class and without twinking.

7. I said you won't find good items in general in normal, but good enough to beat normal.

8. I'm so sorry, you are right. Of course it's "rogue" and not "Rouge". I Apologize for not being an native English speaker and for mistyping.

9. Being snippy every time someone tries to help is NOT very adult like.

10. Since you can't grasp that it is your lack of skill/comprehension/knowledge of the game, if you can't beat normal with lvl 25+ chars, or expect to find suitable items for them in normal, blame the game that is ment to exchange items between chars even though it is single player, nor know where and how to find items suitable and good enough to beat normal, I suggest you either stop playing or try to accept the help we're offering.
jcvmarques

Post by jcvmarques »

I think I may have been misinterpreted. Let me elaborate a bit.

For Normal difficulty, you are absolutely right. Items are total crap, even uniques. But you don't need good stuff to beat Normal. For example, melee classes can beat every monster in Normal with Azurerath and decent Armor Class. The really good items only drop in late Hell and Torment.

For farming items, some classes are better than others. Sorceror is very effective at farming Lost Treasure chests because of Time Slow and Teleport abilities. Rogue is very effective at clearing Torment levels due to Multi Shot and Sightless Eye for bosses. Base items drop according to the area/monster level and not character level. For example, I pretty much never see Rags in late Hell and all Torment levels.

About balance - Rogue is overpowered, crowd control is really easy and isn't very gear dependent. Sorceror is overpowered until Hell and underpowered in Torment, especially against Torment bosses. Melee classes are OK but lack crowd control skills. Cleave doesn't cut it (pun intended).

About the single player aspect of the game - I believe all classes are able to finish at least Nightmare without the transfer stash. If you are lucky and found decent stuff, maybe you don't even need it to beat Hell. But you will most likely need it in Torment.
Icefire

Post by Icefire »

np.
Last edited by Icefire on 29 Dec, 2017 16:14, edited 2 times in total.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

Again, I did find everything I needed to easily finish normal in normal. Is there grinding needed? Yes it is as it is some degree in all arpgs, and for normal you need as little grinding as it could be. And what difference does it make where you farm your items? LT or last lvl doesn't matter. Make some LT runs and you find everything you need, if you don't wanna do that farm caves to end of hell (including bonus areas and quest bosses) and again you find what you need. Not good stuff, but appropriate for normal lvl 10-15.

I do get your point, but there just isn't only rags daggers in normal. It really isn't. And again, you won't find suitable gear for a lvl 25+ char in normal, you can keep looking but I suggest you take what you find and finish normal. What's the point in staying in normal with 6 25+ chars??? So why haven't you?

I did not get into the other statements that followed cause I elaborated on them in the other points. I only stated that cause I was pissed of you mentioning my misspelling/typo. I did not took that as joke, for me it just didn't come very funny/friendly.

The point of LT runs is not doing the quest over and over again but loot the 3 chests at the end of the cave (teleporting there, loot, repeat). Those games are intended to redo certain areas to find stuff/lvl up. You don't start a game and finish everything until you finished Diablo in torment. Hence the regenerating if lvls if you start a new game.

You're not supposed to be in normal with lvl 25 not mention lvl 30, if you play titan quest in lvl 1 with a lvl 25 char are finding appropriate gear? I guess not.

Finding the right gear in normal LT runs with the char you wanna play proofs your point of not finding good enough items?
If you haven't found the right gear to smoothly get through normal in 30 lvls of farming your doing something wrong. I don't wanna insult you but if that is really the truth your doing something wrong, and me stating that doesn't mean I wanna offend you it just means I wanna tell you that you did something wrong and you should try some of the tips I gave you. (You won't find gear for lvl 25+ in normal LT btw.)

Im not questioning anything nor do I insult you (if you feel that way I'm truly sorry for it). I don't disagree with you that the miod is flawed I only point out that you do find suitable gear for normal to finish it, with a tiny bit of farming. If you didn't, it's not cause the game only gave you rags but you did something wrong. I played many chars from scratch and never found only stuff for lvl 1 in lvl13 or lt, sure there is crap but by far not everything (by crap I mean lvl3 rags in lvl12, and by good items I mean appropriate for lvl 10-15 in which you should beat normal).

On a side note: Belzebubb is the codename for single player mod, tchernobog the code name for the multiplayer version. Both were developed by two guys (one single, the other multiplayer) who intended to fusion both belze and tchern to one game which then would become Diablo 1 HD mod. Both stopped developing as far as I know.

I don't wanna fight, just saying if you start a char go as far as you can with what you find, do some farming in LT and or caves to hell (if can't get to LT/caves with what you found, do king leoric/chamber of bones a couple of times), do some levels if needed with higher player lvl ($player X), and you find the right gear to smoothly go through normal. I really don't see any flaws in the game thato would prevent that. Doesn't mean there aren't flaws...
qndel
Global Mod

Post by qndel »

Hey guys, I'm a lvl 41 sorcerer, I absolutely love the mod but I'm not really a new player, I think I played belzebub/tchernobog many years ago :P Anyway, I've been playing for a few weeks and it's extremely hard to find players to play with :( If any of you would play with me, feel free to hit me up on tunngle (I'm usually in one of the d1 rooms (the hell, etc), or leave me a message here.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Hey.
I know that there are parts of this mod that are not balanced. That was my first mod ever and there are many mistakes. However I don't think it can be fixed by just changing items. There are many factors to balance such game: items, spells, skills and the way stats like damage are calculated. Without some common denominator like weapon damage taken into account for both melee fighters and casters it's impossible to have something remotely close to balance due to scaling. :D For example look at ITD. Whole idea that it's required is faulty. Monster armor is probably too high globaly...

Anyway this whole mod is totally different then something I wanted to make at start and I regret that. My idea was to just refresh game engine so it runs smooth on new systems and add some missing content. Then I started tinkering with game core too much and we have belzebug. :(
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Still the best mod I've ever experienced among Diablo mods.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

As I mentioned before, except for some parts (nothing is perfect) it is one of the best games I ever played. So thanks for that!
ander357

Post by ander357 »

Bezlebub is an excellent mod!

Diablo The Hell is also an awesome mod!
crogonint

Post by crogonint »

Good Lord. This mod is INCREDIBLE. By far the single greatest piece of work I've seen. I'm astounded that you scrapped it to start something new. I would have finished it off, polished it, re-balanced it, and repeated until it was so good it made Blizzard jealous ;)

You deserve the gratitude and support of the breadth of the Diablo community, not somebody whining because the game isn't the way they want it. If you're not happy with it, take the time to learn to mod and fix it yourself.

Personally, I love it. I mean, I am in love with it. I just installed it two days ago. It's phenomenal. It's like Mousepad MapHack D2 with awesome graphics. I'm having a blast, just watched a video and realized I should have saved my chamber of bones quest. Now I have to start over. Doh!! My bad! Am I angry? Nope. Just like building a character in D2, there are little tips and tricks that you learn as you go. Your first few characters are going to be train-wrecks, but sooner or later, you're going to build something godly.

I started with a rogue, I guess I'll cross over and start a sorceress now, give her some starter gear off of my rogue. Then, once she can MF in hell, I'll start building a rogue again. Why? BECAUSE THAT"S HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME!

If I had one wish, it would be that the druid was here. That was the hardest character to build out in D2. I know, my designs made Blizzard change the game a couple of times. I've seen other people wishing that the hellfire characters were in this mod too, but I would want the druid.

Again, thank for the ridiculous amount of hard work that you put in to this. it is truly awe inspiring. Bless you! :)