thank you and nightmare blues :)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
ferged

thank you and nightmare blues :)

Post by ferged »

(sry, for some reason i had originally posted this on the hellfire forum)
-
Thanks!
first of all i d like to thank the developer/s for creating the Belzebub mod

i found a personal/small applications site of one guy that matches the description of being involved in the project (judging from the applications (and their names) he had developed for diablo and other blizzard games) but i don't remember the address
so i thought i'd say thank you here, so thank you!

as i wrote in another topic i was mainly interested in extracting some in-game art from diablo and i decided to go with Belzebub because it worked better with Windows and had other features as well
so i was planning on using cheats, go in get screenshots, get out
i couldn't find any ready to use cheats other than reverse-engineering-hex-diy though since not many people know about Belzebub
so i decided to play the game through and im glad i did, thank you for working on this
i should note there are a few bugs here and there (besides full screen cinematics which i've read that it should have been fixed there are a few other bugs (real ones, not the Butcher missing Smile))
nothing unplayable though and i understand that development has been ended

----

Nightmare Blues (gameplay question)!
im playing warrior and i've just reached The Terror Domain in Nightmare difficulty
but i haven't gotten a single yellow/gold item from any boss (other than standard drops) at any point at this difficulty, all i get is blues
i mean i didn't have any serious difficulty because i left Normal with an almost perfect build and a higher level than i should but i didn't expect to end up with 0 item loot in a full run in a new difficulty
i think my armor will be way to low for Hell judging from youtube Belzebub videos
should i farm more in Nightmare or does it only drop blues?

thanks again
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

Hmm...how much mf do u have? Besides that I can only tell that I never had a problem on finding yellows that are suitable.
ferged

Post by ferged »

i dont have much mf (if at all from items - i don't know if there is a base mf)
but the build is not much different than the one i used with normal difficulty
on normal, i would normally get yellows from bosses and rarely just blues while now on nightmare i get blues and today i saw the first yellow from a boss
anyway, i was just asking if that was intentional (as in that nightmare will drop higher level items like war hat instead of hat but only blue and then hell will drop yellow or something)
but now i found a yellow and i suppose it's just a drop rate calculation