Good place to farm a bow?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Applecrack

Good place to farm a bow?

Post by Applecrack »

Rogue is the class I cant seem to advance because I cant find a good bow. I've been farming nightmare caves and the passage as well as the soulstone chamber. I get a couple decent rare bows every now and then but nothing thats a leaping improvement. I know Qlvls of items in the area match with what I need but am I just unlucky? Currently level 37.
tanis83

Post by tanis83 »

I totally understand your feelings. I was in the same situation and the only thing I could think of was to start off with a mage character, go as far as you can in terms of levels & difficulties and use that character for farming. With this approach I found the full 'Vidala's Rig' set which made a real difference until around level 5-6 of Hell difficulty. There you'll need stronger stuff once again.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

Farming with mage for Rouge items is very effective. U should find bow of the dead pretty easily and if u r mage can farm hell catacombs u can farm for heartseeker.
LethalLag

Post by LethalLag »

Either find a recipe and create a bow with as much +attackspeed and damage/crit/elemental/dex etc. as you can on either a Hunter bow or (preferably) a Razor bow.

That should get you to at least the end of Nightmare, which you should be able to get Bow of the Dead.

I've heard Heartseeker is great, but I have yet to see one. My Rogue (level 48 ) is currently using Bow of the Dead and farming Torment Hell (Lazarus and Level 16) fairly comfortably. I can clear Torment Terror Domain, but it's rather slow in comparison.

Otherwise, creating a Sorcerer and getting to Torment TH chests would certainly help out.
Applecrack

Post by Applecrack »

Managed to advanced to hell difficulty.
Found a demon machine when I killed diablo (About as lucky as I could get I guess.
Its nice cause I can pair it with a shield and it helps with survival.
I found a bloodlords visor in hell catacombs and these two have literally helped me peel everything.
Guess I just needed to suck it up and advance difficulties
goodgrief

Post by goodgrief »

I agree with LethalLag. I have the same story: now my scout is 51 level and I have found Bow of Death few times. But I never found Heartseeker.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

I was really lucky and found one in catacombs hell difficulty. Farm there up to end of caves, that should at least increase your chances a little bit.
jcvmarques

Post by jcvmarques »

I managed to get through hell with bow of the dead. In Torment you can farm the Lost Treasure for Hearthseeker. From my experience, items up to level 58 drop from Torment LT.

I was lucky to find a Hearthseeker with a very good roll.

Good luck
NegPulse

Post by NegPulse »

I would echo what Tanis said earlier in the post and it was the exact strategy I used for my rogue. I felt kinda stuck in nightmare so I rolled a mage, breezed through normal and nightmare and just teleported through most of hell until I reached lost treasure. I farmed lost treasure until I got Bow of the Dead. My rogue used that to make it all the way to lost treasure on Torment. Some parts were tough but I didnt struggle too much. Then I farmed lost treasure Torment and after a long time finally got Heartseeker, which is honestly a game changer in terms of dmg output compared to Bow of the Dead.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Don't forget that Bow of the Dead can be upgraded through crafting

UPGRADE UNIQUE WEAPON
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

except that you're more likely to find a heartseeker before upgrade unique item recipe...
in tchernobog for example I have 3 or 4 heartseekers already and still haven't found almost half of recipes
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
tanis83

Post by tanis83 »

I agree with Miacis: finding HS is more likely before finding high-end recipes. I also have the feeling that certain character types have better chances in finding items for certain other characters. For example, with my LV51 necromancer (with MF ~200%) in Torment, I have not been able to find HS, Stoneskin or the Skull Collector yet. On the other hand I've found almost everything for the Barbarian class and some really good stuff for Warrior (up to qlvl 74). On the other hand, my LV41 Rogue found the Skull Collector and other good staves.