Can't stream Tchernobog - possible bug - need confirmation

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Miacis

Can't stream Tchernobog - possible bug - need confirmation

Post by Miacis »

So basically, when I'm trying to stream Tchernobog latest version I'm getting a BSOD right at the moment of clicking "enable stream" or "preview" in OBS. That happens every time for me. I tried running game fullscreen and windowed, but getting BSOD anyway. I have already reported this to bug tracker a while ago, but I haven't seen any track of my report being noticed by anyone.

What I need now is this to be confirmed as an issue with the game and not my software/hardware configuration. Please tell me if you know something about this problem.

And yes, Belzebub works just fine.
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

Recorded less than 30 minutes ago with OBS:
https://youtu.be/m852UgTtrPM
- you can find technical info on youtube page. Since it's only test i recorded it without audio and with 30 FPS max.

As much as i know that Tchernobog is bugged i'm pretty sure it's rather problem with your system/hardware.

Download bluescreenview and check last logs for BSODs.

But before any of that - do you have enabled any kind of OC?

PS. Bug Tracker is cool thing but i don't think anyone is keeping eye on it, we're not sure if Tchernobog is still in any kind of development atm... would be cool, but there was no sign of BrightLord activity in long time.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Excuse me, but what does OC mean?
Thanks for taking your time to reply and record video, by the way.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

OC - Overclock.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

No, only somewhat unusual thing I have is automatically switching graphics as I am using a laptop.
Of course, the problem never occured with any other games I tried streaming/recording.
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

Doesn't matter if it occurs only in Tchernobog - it does not means that something is wrong with game itself.

If you have additional, non-integrated GPU on laptop you should check in settings to always use it(if you don't already have that).

Like i said - download and run bluescreenview, then paste last logs excerpts in here.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Yeah it looks like some kind of a problem with my graphic adapter
Unfortunately with the only available (my graphic adapter is somewhat old and is anymore not supported/having software develepoed for it) driver version I don't have an option to "always enable" my discrete graphic adapter and it switches with integrated one whenever I run specific applications (which are games most of the time)

Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

By non-integrated i mean dedicated gpu's like nvidia/amd, you have amd as i see.

For starters:
1. Run full uninstall on GPU drivers(you can do this with this for example: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html) - then install latest gpu drivers.
2. Make sure you have fully updated your OS(by that i mean that you have installed all updates from Windows Update).
3. Open Catalyst Control Center > Click “Power” and select “Switchable Graphics”. Then choose Tchernobog on the list and assign AMD gpu for it.

and btw. you can tell which version of Win you are using, it actually matters.

Hope it helps :)
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

But I already have latest GPU driver as I just mentioned. Thanks for the effort, but I'm afraid this won't help as I don't have the opportunity to use other driver (I'd love to do so and I have looked into it for quite a lot).
And I already have amd gpu assigned for Tchernobog.
My OS is Windows 7 64-bit

at this point I just wanna give up on this already