Trouble with Multiplayer

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Beanz

Trouble with Multiplayer

Post by Beanz »

My dad and I have been trying to get multiplayer working.

We are on the same router, we both make sure that the program is allowed by the firewall, but when we go to create/join a game and type in the IP address, the "OK" button is still greyed in and we can't join.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there some way that we can get multiplayer working for us?

Thanks in advance!
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

When you run two computers off the same network you will have to use the private IP address to connect. Are you being sure to use the internal address? Should be like 10.0.0.100 or something of the like.

I was having a similar issue the other day trying to test if my ports were open. On my second computer it would connect with the private IP, but not with the public IP from say "whatsmyip.org" or whatever. I had to switch the second computer to my phones LTE network to make it able to connect via the public IP for my test.

So, just try to use the internal IP. I'm not sure how advanced you are in pc's, but if you do not know how to find the internal ip, type cmd in the bottom left search bar for windows. Type ipconfig in the command box that pops up and it will be your ipv4 address.
Beanz

Post by Beanz »

Thank you for your reply!

I am not very knowledgeable about computers nowadays.

We have been using the private IP addresses, which are the ones that were under ipv4 address. (The addresses were just 2 numbers off, so I am assuming they are provided by the router or something?)

From what I have read online, if we are on the same network or something, we need to do something called port forwarding? Is that something that you had to do when you were having problems?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Go back to cmd, type the default gateway into your web browser. Should be 10.0.0.1 or something similar. Login to the router. Default login is usually admin///password or admin as the username with a blank password. If neither of these work and you don't know the password, you can google what router you have and try and find the default login information. You will then need to go through the settings and find port forwarding. You can also find how to get to this page pretty easily online. You will need to open port 18887 as the start and end port for UDP. It will most likely default to TCP/UDP. then for the ip address it asks for you will need to type in your computers address that is hosting the connection. The 10.0.0.100 again. I named mine Tcherno, but you can name the port forward whatever you want and most likely leave the remaining settings as whatever they are default.

Let me know if this wroks. We can try other stuff if it doesn't.

Also, if you have multiple ethernet ports in the pcs you could plug the computers in directly to eachother and do it this way. You could even do it this way using the single port if there is only one. I'm not sure exactly how this works for typing in ip addresses though as I have yet to try this method.
Beanz

Post by Beanz »

I ended up just opting to use Tunngle because it just seemed easier.

Tangent question though: Are there any ways to get permanent stats with this Tchernobog mod since elixirs are only temporary now?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Currently, no. Once quests are enabled, some will grant 5 attributable points, while some grant 3 to all based off of Belzebub quests.