multiplayer

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
heh92

multiplayer

Post by heh92 »

hi guys, i wanna ask

how much of the multiplayer feature has been completed so far?
is beeszlebub or tchernobog more complete ?
if i play tchernobog with my friends, will be a decent gaming experience or is it still lacking as a mod?
there are no quests in tchernobog right?

cheers
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Belzebub is single-player only with all quests enabled, but if you want play with friends, you'll have to play Tchernobog.
There's a handle of bugs in Tchernobog, no quests enabled, and somewhat fucked up game balance in general (partly because of previous two reasons). All in all, Tchernobog is much more of a hard version of the game, I believe, is playable and has multiplayer. Struggling together with your friends is definitely gonna be decent gaming experience if you like difficult games.
It's up to you to decide which one you'd prefer.
radicool

Post by radicool »

I'm personally waiting for the quests to be implemented into Tchernobog before playing with my friends, otherwise game is playable as it is. You decide what you want to do.
Bonyth

Post by Bonyth »

Hello,

few days ago me and 3 friends decided to play Diablo: Tchernobog on a LAN, but it was somehow imbalanced between chosen characters. For example, rogue class felt pretty useless with a hunter's bow with 60% enhanced damage, compared to barbarian or sorcerer. Same could be said about assasin. And because of that it somehow discouraged us from playing it to the end.

So my question is: why is that? Did we play so badly (as in Rogue and Assasin), or we had no luck with item drops? Is it because quests are not yet implemented? Or things are supposed to be like this and some classes scale better later stages of the game?

To better describe the situation, a simple skeleton was able to kill rogue 1v1. Don't get me wrong, I love when the game is demanding, but when a normal creature solo'es you 1v1, it's kind of discouraging :D
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

That is very understandable. Let me explain few things.

Rogue is probably the most gear-dependant class in the game and thus she has very weak early levels. You literally have to have Best-In-Slot items for your current level (weapon, at the very least) to be able to carry on. At later stages of the game (lvl 50 onwards) when you can equip strongest weapon (which is Heartseeker unique ward bow) you will be able to faceroll (almost) 4th difficulty. Leveling as rogue is quite painful even for experienced players, so don't worry about that, you don't suck at the game. It is the game that is far from being balanced at every stage from level 1 to Terror domain in Torment difficulty.

Assassin is quite tricky to play and it is better to get familiar with the game before playing her. She will start shinging more as you are getting new innate skills each 8 character levels.

And don't worry about sorcerer, his power will fall off in 2nd difficulty already, and become completely weak in 3rd, as his late game is completely dependant on your gear.

Barbarian and Warrior are feel kinda same from beginning and up to the end and have the smoothest progression in Tchernobog specifically as it is less oppressive to melee characters than Belzebub due to weakening unique mobs.

Quest rewards are quite a big deal - having good item for free means a lot when you are starting from scratch. Not to mention that free character poins go a long way to help with item requirements. Having no quests available definitely is a reason for Tchernobog to be as hard as it currently is.
Gossman

Post by Gossman »

This mod is awesome and it would be perfect if the quests were working under multiplayer. I will anxiously await that implementation.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

The work goes pretty slowly as BrightLord has real life and cannot afford to dedicate a lot of time to a hobby.