Installing Diablo 1 and Belzebub

Diablo 1 Hellfire Forum
ampersandme3

Installing Diablo 1 and Belzebub

Post by ampersandme3 »

Hi,

I apologize ahead of time as I am sure this has been asked and posted many times, i'm just terrible with computers and can't seem to find an answer.

I'd really like to play Diablo 1 with the Belzebub mod, however, I can't figure out how to install it.

1. Do I have to have Diablo 1 in order to play the Belzebub mod? If so is there anywhere I can get D1?
Whenever I try to use the files in the mod nothing works... so I am assuming I need a copy of the original game?

2. If not, can someone please explain to me how to download and play the mod correctly.. I just don't understand the read me..

Thanks,

John
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

You need original Diablo 1 game installed, then just copy Belzebub files into your Diablo 1 folder, if systems ask for overwrite files, click "yes".
If you don't happen to have original Diablo 1 game, but like to support Blizzard (which I, for example, don't, because it is very different company now from what it's been when D1 was developed), you can buy the game on their site I guess.
Otherwise (as far as I know, Noctis doesn't tolerate piracy much, so I am not supposed to give any links) you'll have to find it by yourself where to get original game.
ampersandme3

Post by ampersandme3 »

Thanks for your response.. Yeah, I was starting to realize that after I sent this question into the forum.

Blizzard does not seem to have D1 available for sale.. Perhaps it's because Sierra or some other company has rights.

I'll check around to see where I can buy it; Amazon copies are all expensive where I am.. :(

If anybody knows a method for purchase or download that is somewhat legal and ok to post please do. :D

Thanks.