Any tips for progression in Hell/Tormen for Sorcerer?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Miacis

Any tips for progression in Hell/Tormen for Sorcerer?

Post by Miacis »

After all the nerfs I'm feeling like I'm eating earth when I'm playing sorc in high difficulties. Even with +5 to all spell levels on gear my char is useless af lol. I wonder if there's any strategies I need to know about. Most of spells are utter trash and I'm kinda lost on what should I use to play the game effectively. I'd like to have some tips, if possible, from people who has beaten the game as Sorcerers.
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

try to craft items for mana and +spell. Furthermore craft a staff which breaks enemies resists on fire or ice (blizzard,meteor). I don't know u lvl but if u are 50 u can try to farm until dungeon on torment to get the "Spire of Aranoch" because it breaks enemies fire resists up to 45%.Thats HUGGGEEE.
tal rasha set also do a good job since its easier to find...
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Thanks, and sorry for giving little information about my current state.
My lvl is 41, and I can run LT in Hell, as well as slowly kill stuff in dlvl 13-14. I'm completely getting rekt by some monsters here and there though, and struggle a lot against lightning immune mobs, which are still painful to kill even with lightning penetration on staff.
One of problems with Tchernobog is that Enchanter's (which is tier 2 recipe) crafted items are bugged and I am yet to find tier 3 recipes of type that gives +lvl to spells. My current setup is +1 to lvl of all spells hat, chest and amulet, +2 all spells +30 spell power 12% light pen 8% mag pen staff and whatever rings and belt.
I am mostly using Chain Lightning/Lightning spell (CL feels shitty after the nerfs but still fine when compared to other things and usual Lightning has been buffed as it seems? Pretty strong, sometimes stuns bosses in Hell difficulty) and switch to random shit when facng lightning immune mobs. Blizzard and especially Blood Star are ok spells.

If I was lvl 50 I would just farm LT cave until I find decent upgrades but I'm 9 lvls below that, and it feels like I'm at peak of character's power, for now at the least.
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

I got a lvl 54 Barbarian and he was easier to play through because he was buffed in tchernobug he gain more HP with vit as i guess. I know your problem I got also another wizzard he's also lvl 41 he's stucked at hell/hell.
I have issues with frozen Immun mobs. I prefer blizzard it's a really strong spell; I would say for hell/hell its maybe the best choice because it's strong and with a good reduction of enemies cold resists you can face pretty much every mob there. Moreover it's freeze effect let enemies not moving fast to you so you have a better chance to survive. So i developed a technic to handel by far better in the fighting situations with my mage in higher lvls. I upgraded my golem as high as possible so that i can use him as a bait. I cast him into the mobs so that their attention go less on me. Now the enemies are surround the golem and they are pretty much stacked (intensivity depends on the difficulty lvl). So you can use blizzard because of its good AOE on the position where the golem is. if the golem should die cast him again to the position before. This sounds maybe like a basic technic..it is most ppl doing it but its efficient.

While you are farming you need to keep a eye open for a staff which reduce enemies resists strongly it could be rare item or as i told before the special unique one or you can craft one (I think I got some materials from my farming which i can use a bit to craft you if you want a good staff which reduce enemies damage as well as adding some + to spell lvl and maybe some mana :wink: ). Don't use lithning above nightmare it's damage is very low unitl hell compared to monsters health.

Furthermore I would recommend you to use bone spirit on elites. It steal their health and give it to you. That means even if the monster like on torment diablo got a huge amount of HP you can almost kill him(ALMOST).
The problem is if his HP gets under 20% your HP doesn't leeches good anymore for some reason so use bone spirit on elites until they are almost dead and give them the rest with blizzard.

I guess if your golem is to weak to bait enemies PM me i can help with my lvl 54 Barbarian :) so i can bait enemies and kill some beasts. you can also go on tunngle and we can play there if you want.
:D
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

oh wow I didn't know that Bone Spirit is actually good, I'll try it out
and that golem strat seems legit, might help me a lot
I'd prefer to play together once I get to the level of yours :P thanks for the tips!
jangnanggureogi

Post by jangnanggureogi »

up to -30% Reduce resist staffs are could found from rare with 20% cast speed and 40% spell power.
golem,meteor and apocalypse spells are affected by magic stat.(although apocalypse doesn't affected by magic stat at spell specific)
archmage,spellweaver,ritualist staffs are reduce up to -20% so it's better to find rare staff.
magic find doesn't work.
major spells:
apocalypse,blizzard,bone spirit,meteor cluster.
nova is pretty useful but minor than those spells.

or, play with 0.095 version. there's a bug that increases basic spells.
i had played with bugged firebolt and hydra. https://youtu.be/GfESJxPfyX0
with this,i had repeated to kill lazarus for item.
tuggle id:jangnanggureogi
ICQ number:691511013
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Yeah I saw your video of terror's domain run in which you've reached lvl 60, impressive! I'm still lvl 43 though and can't yet enter hell levels or LT caves in Torment.

I tried using golem and holy moly, this guy helps A LOT!

I am mostly having troubles because in Hell difficulty I can't neither find nor craft good staff with penetration. I believe that currently this is the most difficult part of Sorcerer's progression throughout the game - recipes that available at this stage are either bad or bugged, good mods on items have level restriction and cannot be found yet, as well as set items.
jangnanggureogi

Post by jangnanggureogi »

of course it would be hard to earn good items. to get tal rasha set without any help from others i got it in a year :)

sometimes enemies doesn't attacks golem but attacks player.
i don't know why but it occurs quite often. in this case,i usually just restart game because it keeps going even i resurmmon golem.

and i think this bug actually exist.
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/diablo-drop ... t1737.html
http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/bug/index.php ... &bug_id=85
to me,i have had a 49lv unique armor. and after, i never saw it again.
so i dump it and it drops well.

additionally,item lvl doen't mean it's drop rate.
the higher ltem lvl is,the more powerful mob drops it.
tuggle id:jangnanggureogi
ICQ number:691511013
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

about drop rates ye it's obvious enough

The bug you're talking about is what makes Tchernobog as difficult as it is - you can't find another unique/set item unless you salvage/sell previous one. I hope this will be fixed in next update (which, as it seems, won't take place anytime soon).
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

I also hope that this bug will be fixed as i wrote in my text because items like Hearthseeker drops so good damn rare and if you find one u can't find another one as fast or not at all