Change the graphics/sprites for chracters and create new

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
sarcrofs

Change the graphics/sprites for chracters and create new

Post by sarcrofs »

I have a idea, I can change/make/adapt some graphics for certain classes and equips (the graphical change when change equipments).

If I make, BrightLord have the intention to put in the mod?

I am reading some guides and this changes can be made. I know, I need to adapt the numbers of frames for animation and colors pallets when adapting from Diablo 2, to not bug colors and not be much more good graphics than the objects from game.

Not, I am not "making Diablo 2 in Diablo 1", I am just trying to make the classes more uniques in graphics and why not adapt the sprites from Diablo 2? I don't see any problem in this.

I am think to make this changes:

PS: ignore quality of imagens, are from Wiki, I will made with the true quality.

PS2: in mind light/medium/heavy graphics changes: armor, helm and shield, this is fixed. The name of base items what will be used is from the Diablo 2, because already sprited for D2, just adapt for D1.

ARMORS DESIGN (Light, Medium and Heavy)

#Necromancer
• Change the repalleted sorcerers graphics for the necromancer from Diablo 2 graphics.
• Light Armor:
Almost without armors, like others sprites of diablo 1.
Helm: no helm like most of diablo 1 characters.
Shield: Large Shield or Preserved Head.

• Medium Armor:
Helm: no helm.
Shield: Kite Shield or Zombie Head.

• Heavy Armor:
Helm: Bone Helm.
Shield: Bone Shield or Demon Head.

• Shields: I am thinking about putting Heads instead of Shields.
If put shields, I am thinking about in Heavy put the Bone Shield (is amazing with necromancer heavy graphics), but Heads are awesome.
Maybe put heads in Light and Medium and let Bone Shield be the shield in Heavy :P

#Assassin
• Change the repalleted rogue graphics for the assassin from Diablo 2 graphics.
• Light Armor:
Shield: Small Shield.

• Medium Armor:
Shield: Spiked Shield.

• Heavy Armor:
Shield: Gothic Shield.

#Barbarian
• Change the repalleted warrior graphics for the barbarian from Diablo 2 graphics.
• Light Armor:
Shield: Buckler.

• Medium Armor:
Helm: Full Helm.
Shield: Large Shield.

• Heavy Armor:
Helm: Great Helm.
Shield: Tower Shield.

NEW WEAPONS GRAPHICS

Almost every class will receive new sprites using the new weapons introduced in this mod:

ps: xbow = crossbow.

• using one-hands with and without shield (axe, xbow, wand and claw);
• using two-hands (mace, xbow and swords);
• using dual one-hands¹ (sword¹, axe¹, mace¹, crossbows², claws², sword and claw Viz jaq'tar, claw and bag fo Trang-oul's);
• using dual two-hands (mace, sword and axe)³;
• using off-hands (TRANG-OUL'S WING e and again, VIZ JAQ'TAR offhand).

¹ - Dual one-hands sword/axe/mace only Barbarian and Assassin will receive;
² - Dual crossbows is for Rogue and Assassin, and claws only Assassin will receive;
³ - Dual two-hand only Barbarian will receive;
PS: this duals is for a possible future introduction of dual weapon in Barbarian, Assassin and Dual crossbow in Rogue/Assassin.

I know, some things need be changed in game engine, like creating a true weapon class for one-handed: crossbows, axes, claws, wands already have. And two-handed versions like sword, mace and crossbows.

What you guys think about this?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

FIVE STARS
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

omg you are so cool!

RESPECT!

:oops: :lol:
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

Thanks guys, I respect you too, because awnser my topics with feedbacks and are amazing people.

I will wait for a awnser of BrightLord, if he gives the OK, I will start.

The adapt of graphics for Necro, Ass and Barb is more easily. I can make this fast if I have some time to spend :D

But creating the sprites for some new items in Rogue, War and Sorc are more slow to make, but needed.

Anyone have a email of something to fast contact with brightlord? A simple YES from him is enough :D
radicool

Post by radicool »

This would be awesome. Good luck with this.
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

Thanks radicool, I send a pm to Brightlord, waiting for confirmation for start the job. :)
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

I have to say i am not a fan of changing the Barbarian looks like..
i always said to my friends in old times that the Diablo 2 barbarian looks actually like a bulldozer. I mean he looks pretty shit comapred to old classic warrior! Oldschool warrior looks badass and this d2 one just like some white HULK. I find the assasin and necro design very cool. But man pls don t replace the barbarian graphics... I love him the way he is ... I am already a huge fan of him cause I only play barbarian.... I reached lvl 52 and it would be terrifying for me if i would have to play with the d2 model..

just my point of view :)
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

Maybe Raz0r use Paladin Diablo 2 Graphics for Barbarian ?

The Barb of this mod need to change to something, because he have littles differences from Warrior (graphics and some mechanics too).
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

i mean i am also not a fan in general of diablo 2 char design.. I just love there the Wizzard and the Assasin but i realy don't like the rest..

I would stay barbarian like he is .. I mean he isn't the same as the normal warrior. His heavy design is compared to the warrior design more shiny and he got red shield so i am happy with the current barbarian design ...

Maybe changing the necro or assasin would be a option too
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

Necromancer in Diablo 2 graphics is soo cool, but in this mod is not much than a sorc repalleted.

Little changes from Barb to War man, one shield in heavy armor and a axe bloody if two-hand user, much more little diferences than Necro/Sorc and Rogue/Assassin.
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

Listen! This idea could ruin the game if you put dual machanics into the game you have to nerf the barbarian otherwise he would be too op.
This means that the barbarian will be a bad char in the future and this scares me a bit.
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

Why op? Diablo 2 have duals one-hand, duals two-hand and have frenzy at only 24 with max lvl 99. Why here in D1 will be op and D2 aren't ?

Dual is need like in Hellfire Bard.

Barbarian fails in the mechanic, because is a two-hander and almost everyone play him with SnB, and he and warrior share the same skill Cleave is bad.

If you like SnB just continues play SnB lol
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

Really all ppls are using shields or if they got optimal gear they will probably use the dual build of viz qataar and even this set shows how redicilouse strong this 2 hand mechanic could be...

I mean do what you want

I just not a fan of changing weapons and adding claws and all this shit that means people have to switch builds and somehow classes like assasin should buffed long time ago.. nobody play them right now. So you are right in buffing her and Necromancer but i would keep the barbarian as he is.
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

im not sure this changes is better or not though...

@sacrofs
i think these changes need extract and edit(resize) every flames to fit resolution of d1.
can u extract each flames (dc6/dcc) format from mpq and edit ?

imo,we should keep in mind this mod is fan-made (not product) and consider Brightlord's burden.

It is easier said than done.
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

When rip from Diablo 2 comes a file for each design, each file have the frames of walking, running, attacking, stading and others...

not really resize much or just don't resize, since diablo 2 characters have better graphics because the distance and not much about width x height of character, the characters of diablo 2 are a little more high in height than diablo 1.

But I am talking I can make, just telling if BrightLord will use or not, if not I just don't will make.