A question and a suggestion

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
Najbolji

A question and a suggestion

Post by Najbolji »

Hi all! Nice mod.
I am doing Mephisto runs, want to get some good items. I like Naj's Might most of all :)

Tell me please do some monsters have better chance to drop certain unique items than others (because I have noticed there are some common uniques like elemental's bow, Aguinara's Hatchet, etc.), and do you get better unique drop rate on nightmare than on normal difficulty? Because I would really like to get good equipment for my sorcerer, so which runs should I be doing?

Dear Noctis, you might consider fixing Mephisto specter's attack rate on lvl 16, because it's way too fast. Once he gets you, you are surely dead if you play the game by yourself...
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hello

As explained in Jarulf's Guide, the criteria for a unique item to drop are:
- QLVL must be equal to or lower as the (base) MLVL of the monster
- QLVL of the corresponding Base Item must be equal to or lower as the MLVL of the monster, after adjustment for Difficulty
- If multiple unique items (from the same base item) are possible within the first two criteria, the one with the highest QLVL will be selected
(...)
Zenda

MLVL (unique monster) = MLVL(base monster)+5

For example, Naj's Might (35 qlvl) can drops from Mephisto (35mlvl)

Base monster for Mepgisto is Mephisto's Spectre (30mlvl) so mlvl for Mephisto is 30 + 5 = 35

EDIT
Hmm... or 30 + 4 = 34 ;]
Last edited by Noktis on 14 Mar, 2011 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Najbolji

Post by Najbolji »

THank you! :)