Barbarian Tips!

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Raz0r

Barbarian Tips!

Post by Raz0r »

Welcome to my Guide, Many people are asking me for some Barbarian tips and i came to the conclusion to release this. Moreover many of these tips are probably knew by you, but maybe there are some you didn't notice before.

1.) While leveling you should spending most of your points into strength, because it increase youre damage and your effeciness of your class spells.
You should also keep an eye open for less points you're going to spent into vitality to max out your survivability. I know many professional veterans say that you guys should only max out strenght, but i don't recommend it.

2.) The class description says that the Barbarian is an expert with axes.I know it's not wrong, because he got a slightly faster attack speed with the axes than the warrior, but after nightmare you can even fight with axes like "The Chieftan" , "Wicked Axe" , "The Minotaur" , they will be useless, because the monsters one shots you without a shield. So i recommend you to use a sword and a shield like i am doing. I'm recommending for leveling process: http://imgur.com/gallery/5MA84 , http://imgur.com/gallery/UyTGK , because they're strong and quite easy to find.

3.) The new class spell whirlwind is really useful, because it is the Most secure way to walk through the levels especially in higher difficultys like torment because it makes you immun to stun effects while whirlwinding like a madman. Furthermore you deal a great AOE...you can hold the mouse to a far place to let you whirlwind for like 10 secs.

4.) Last but not least as Barbarian you can use in the catacombs, dungeon and in the caves the doors to let the monsters attack you severally so that they don't stun you.
Last edited by Raz0r on 31 Mar, 2017 23:47, edited 3 times in total.
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
In_Genious

Post by In_Genious »

Where can you find those leveling items? The cooldown on whirlwind is very annoying by the way.... even if you can make it last longer.
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

Hey welcome, you're right its really annoying, but as i said with my trick i am whirlwinding longer than cooldown so that i can use it continuous. Of course it doesn't work everytime but mostly it should work fine. I agree your opinion to decrease the cooldown slightly in the coming update :wink: .

Those leveling items are not the most overpowered items for leveling depending on what builds you are playing, but they are by far better than the average weappons. These two items can be found as i noticed in Hell difficulty. However, I just found them in Hell so I can't guarantee that they can be dropped in caves. For sure you won't find them in nightmare :lol: .
But they are possible drops in Hell and Torment Diff. .

For expample I found for some reason this item in the first level in Hell on hell diff. : http://imgur.com/a/hyp4c .... as i understood it right it couldn't be possible but it did. It was the highest item drop i saw in hell diff. yet. However, you can find in the dormain of course even uniques near lvl 50.
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

I like the idea to make 2h on barbarian (and a possible dual one-hand and dual two-hand in a future ?!) viable.

My barb in Tchernobog is 24 only, I am playing with this just using 2handed weapons, giving a lot of fun :D
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

Yea I would love to see a dual h barbarian like in the hell mod :)
I mean in the game actually offhand weapons exist. However, they are not showed as a item wearing.They should also add to the assasin a 2h feature.

and my barbarian is lvl 46 :oops: :wink:
If you need some help feel free to ask me..
Ugily

Barbarian dual wield

Post by Ugily »

Some of these requests could be solved with a few set or unique items designed with Barbarian in mind.

Set "Whirlwind": Ancient Axe with 1-H attributes, Helm with life leach, resistances, attribs, and off hand weapon with axe image with attack speed, and ignore target defense, maybe also random affixes plus spell bonus to Insanity.

Series of Unique offhand designated weapons. Image and stats for numerous 1 hand weapons, but set as offhand. Bone knife, gladdius, etc...

All weapons except those with "Ignore Target Defense" become mostly useless in Torment. How about a Unique series of Helm, Belt, Shield, armor, ring and amulet that has "Ignore Target Defense" plus numerous random effects and attribs.

Set for Assassin/Rogue to build "Demon Hunter". Set armor, belt, amulet and off-hand crossbow with +Demon, Piercing, +attack speed and crit. Combine these with a one hand crossbow and there you go.
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

@Raz0r

thanks, I will ask in this topic :D

@Ugily

Ancient axe 1hand attributes? I dont undestand this.

My dream ITD spawn in others items than Weapons, like -% resistance spawn - I will add this to my post of balances, giving credits.

Nice item combos, but I will like to use a dual one-hand crossbow in a true Demon Hunter class, I write in some docs about new classes, like Demon Hunter, Paladin and Monk. I will like to use dual one-hand/two-hand in a Frenzy Barbarian and a single Two-hand in a WW build (this can be made).

WW works with life steal?

Thanks guys!
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Tancreed's Maul is a 2 handed weapon with 1 handed attribute. Set items and Unique may break the rules of tier items.
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

I undestand now, but is my dream to Barbarian in D1HD be like D2, dual one-hand and dual-two hand, and only two-hand more viable *-*
In_Genious

Post by In_Genious »

The cooldown on whirlwind should definitely be removed in my opinion. Your clearspeed would still not be anywhere near as fast as a sorcerer spamming spells and teleporting, but you would at least enjoy the gameplay so much more....
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

Agreed, I already put this on my topic (http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/post11453.html#11453).

Barbarian is the character what need more changes IMO.