How to manage vs Diablos lightning attack

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
carpediem86

How to manage vs Diablos lightning attack

Post by carpediem86 »

I have a warrior trying to beat Diablo on Hell and I have the dmg and everything required except that his lightning attack kills me nearly instantly. Do you know how to best protect myself against it? I mean with gear. Should I have "-x dmg taken" or should I try to get more than 75 % lightning resistance or what's the best way?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Always have your resistances as high as possible, even over 75% with +max resis, -DFE also is good at -20 min on gear and more if you can, Shield Wall skill helps with this too with STR synergy. And just take tons of life potions, even drop some on the ground in a save area so you can restack.
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

i use dual(life and mana) steal with mana absorb shield when faced diablo.
mana will work as altanate of hp by using "absorbed by mana" gears (ex.holy defender/glory)

for example, hp and mana will recover 100/hit if u deal 2000 critical dmg to diablo with 5% dual steal.
hp/mana recovery by dual steal will enhance your survivability and reduce frequently using potions.
(ofc requires high physical damage as possible)

check my torment diablo kill video if u are interest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTalXb0XRRw

<stats>
lifesteal 10% / manasteal 5% / dealing 7K crit dmg (2K non crit dmg) / crit-chance 75% (with elixier)
<expectation value>
(7K*0.75)+(2K*0.25) = avg. 5750 dmg/hit (575 hp / 287.5 mana recovery per hit with dual steal)
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

I tried now to change gear to get dmg to mana absorbed, and dual life/man steal I already have. But I still die too easily. The only combination I got that seems to work kinda okay is like this:
75 % all res
55 % physical res
-43 dmg from enemies
550 hp
Cannot be frozen

Does the -43 dmg from enemies help against Diablos lightning attack? That attack is the only thing that is dangerous for me. I need to use 3 potions to survive it and it happens in a blink of a second so I am not fast enough to do it in time every time he does this attack and then I die.

I don't have super good gear, but I got some things to choose from. Just can't find any combination that seems to work :/ I tried many times now without luck.

Post by 2330 »

Cast Golem right behind Diablo, then move your warrior a few steps away. Diablo will turn around and face in the golems direction. Attack him while his back is turned. Pay attention to your golem, if hes about to die, cast another one so that Diablo will continue facing away from you.

If for some reason hes still chasing you rather than your Golem, cast teleport right on top of Diablo and then immediately move your warrior to Diablo's side or back so that you won't get hit by his chainlightning. If your Golem is still on cooldown, teleport behind a wall to buy time.
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

I can't beleive I didn't think of that. I have never used the golem spell with my warrior, but with mage I use it all the time of course.

I will try tonight and I'm sure I can do it. Everything is easy now except the lightning attack from Diablo.
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

im not sure how diablo lightning works, but my guess is diablo lightning is about x10 lightnings with low dmg / tick like DoT.
for example, if u recieve 1dmg per tick from lightning, total dmg is...

1dmg x 10 lightnings x 60 or 30 ticks (idk which works) = 600 or 300 dmg / sec
*this dmg calc is just imo (my guess) because i have no way to know mechanism.

from my experience,i think you have enough -DFE if recieving charged bolt dmg from light-enchanted is 1dmg (displays red "-1")
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

It looks so easy for you Miso_Niz. I tried now with a golem lvl 8 and it dies too easily and then Diablo focus me after just around 2 sec. I could do quest*3 to get it to lvl 11, so maybe I'll try that later.

I have a staff with + to golem spell but if I use it I have to switch back and forth and it takes some time.

My shield I got now is not that good, so I can try to find a better one. All my gear can be much better actually. My Rogue can beat Diablo on all four difficulties so I think I will try to get a bit better gear and then try again later with my warrior.