Impossible to fight archers and poison enchanted bosses!

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
500xhp

Impossible to fight archers and poison enchanted bosses!

Post by 500xhp »

I have main hero rogue lvl 35 and play on the hell difficuty in the caves (levels 12 to 15). And I understood 2 things:

1) There is no way to kill crowds of archers by archer. They just spam arrows at you and after first 2-3 arrows that hit you, you just get knocked back and stuck in one position (without ability to move, fire or cast). Then the rest of the crowd's arrows finish you.

2) There is no way to kill poison-enchanted bosses by archers. They have so many HP that you need to fire at him about 500-600 arrows to finish him! And is is impossible to do that (even with teleport or so) because they just spam poison shots at you.

My archer has DPS at about 400-500, 24% mana stealing (this is required because after the 0.1.1 patch archer needs mana for special skills) and my equipment is probably one of the best equipments for my level (all my items are unique or set) .

I wonder, am I doing something wrong or just those poison-enchanted bosses and crowds of archers (especially goatmen) archers are overpowered?

I wonder, is it possible to kill those things by other classes or they meet the same problems as the archer?

P.S. I think that all bosses are overpowered in terms of HP. It is annoying to fire at the same boss for 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

Hi, i'm level 52 rougue, i play hell-terror domain and sometimes try hell-torment. I'm agree with you about archer monster (impossible to deal with in torment difficulty, let alone those who freeze).
Poison bosses are a kick in the ass too, the only way is to hyde behind a wall and shoot guided arrow, unless you have tons of dps and life steal.
Even warrior's charge is terrible, you'll see on level 16 hell / terror domain, cause there is no way to avoid it and it's oneshot.

We both have already pointed this suggestion, but i repeat: non-spellcaster classes should not depends on mana pool or mana steal for using their base skills, instead mana should be used for utility spells like golem or teleport.

I suppose the problem is that game balance is based on endgame characters with perfect gear (even perfect crafted gears, almost impossible to obtain, like that rougue video who clear torment final level in 2 minutes), but in this way the road to that summit become annoying, frustrating or definitely impossible for the major part.

Leveling with rougue in particular is terrible. I collected all gear with sorcerer and my brother with warrior before starting a rougue (and finding that has been nerfed as hell).

If this may help you, i used silk of the victor, royal circlet and bow of the dead (plus crafted gears) till 37, then i equipped hearthseeker and stoneskin, and you can in some way handle hell till 45. Then you've to find dragonslayer cage and lvl 50 ring recipes, plus amulet and/or helm with ias (like lady zenobia helmet, mavina helm, cat's eye, ecc...), and you can start having fun dying in torment by skeleton archers, bone spirits and warrior's charges :lol:

p.s. and don't forget tons of mana potions!