Power of greyscull set

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
pocket951

Power of greyscull set

Post by pocket951 »

I just equipped this set on my barb as soon as he hit 42..and I must say this set was incredibly disappointing. it is honestly the most useless set in the game. I couldn't even mow down 3 monsters in Dlvl 13 hell. it was pretty sad and pathetic.

problems with the set:
-slow base attack speed
-misses 95% of the time. even with 21 fury stacks it still missed 50% of the time.

if you could actually hit things with this set it wouldn't be so bad because of the heal but you just miss literally everything. it either needs ITD or +% hit chance

is this set intended for an assassin?

what is this set even good for?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

It is somewhat playable if equipped with Unique helms that give attack speed bonus, ring and amulet with +Critical and gives full resistances. All Thundergod Belt or Trang'Oul belt. Another combo is to throw in Mavine Helm and belt.

Need to get the speed and crit damage up.
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

is there anything to increase your chance to hit? my biggest gripe with the set is how often it misses
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I will have to reequip with that build to see if there were any "to hit" bonuses. I tested with Barbarian level 50 so to hit is already through the roof.

Most of the sets are fairly useless in the game by the time you find all of the pieces. Only a few are still viable at end game Torment.

Sets can be played in a hand me down character build. Just amass all of the sets that a char can play and have them ready for when you level up; upgrade as possible, then step up to the next set for the class.

For set and unique combinations, I have a thread below. It hasn't many posts though. http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/set-and-uni ... mbinations

As development in HD mod continues, maybe some balancing and improvement of sets will be considered.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

With clvl 50 Barbarian DPS was just under 1300.

Equipped Mavina Helm +20% attack speed, Mavina belt, and a Ring +all +stats +life leach to bring up all immunities. Cats Eye amulet +18% attack speed. I could have looked around for another ring that had + crit and probably brought damage up closer to 1500 DPS

On Hell $PLAYER 10 was able to clear Cathedral very easily but got stumped going up against Leoric and his rapidly summoned skeletons. On Torment 0 Cathedral, very tough, barely make a dent in any of the bosses.

About to try again with Giant Skull Grim Helm to see if the double strike attack helps clearing mobs.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Giant Skull worked as expected. over 1500 DPS and you can choose between either Act of Transformation. In demon form, the double strike attack worked. Knockback made it difficult to hold on to Frenzy.

Operates much like Trang Oul set.

Leoric Hell 10 went down quickly.

Torment 0 Cathedral is tough to get past bosses, mobs easy.
agnostos

Greyscull set, looking for a Vigor ring

Post by agnostos »

Hi guy's

I play with barbarian on 43th lvl having two greyscull items. The ring is missing. Any suggestions where is more possible to find this?

I can clean the Hell levels, but can't fight with bosses in Terrain. Could you please recomment a strategy what to do? Im now cleaning the hell/terrain waiting for beter gear.

My stats:
DPS 1390
AC 461
TO HIT 328
4x75 % resist.
Critical HIT 37%
Critical Damage 248%
Attack time 336
Life/mana steal 13%/5%
LIFE 455
Barbarian 43lvl Greyscull 2-items
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Either equip up some Magic Find gear and clear Hell levels at the highest $PLAYER x you can survive or revisit quest areas that have good chest drops.

Just going to have to farm and grind to complete your set.