Mod release 0.1.0 test

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

I'd wanna point up the great post of 500xhp.
I played mage and i'm playing rouge now, while my brother plays warrior, so i can speak only about these classes.

MAGE
I think that with this update and with guardian / firebolt fix this class is now good balanced. Maybe the moster resistances is a bit too high, cause with level 15 blizzard and meteor cluster (that should be endgame spells), and -resistances skill, i take A LOT to kill unique and rare monsters, compared to warrior.

ROUGUE
I really like the gameplay of this class and i almost reached perfect equip (hearthseeker, dragonslayer,s cage, lvl 50 recipes in other slots), but i think there are 3 main problem:
1 - like 500xhp said, skills should cost no mana or at least much less. Even with 5% mana steal and almost max dps it's impossible to spam skills unless there are a lot of monsters and/or less defensive enemy.
Furthermore, the last skill (sightless eye) should have some to hit bonus, maybe lowering the damage a bit to compensate.
2 - This class is EXTREMELY fragile. I have almost 500 armor and 650 hp (impossible to have more without lowering the dps a lot, that is equal to less survivability) and one single warrior's charge in hell can oneshot me. Maybe boost armor bonus from dexterity? And/or:
3 - Can i know why warriors, barbarians and assassins now gains physical damage bonus from dexterity while rougues don't? Maybe only with ranged weapons? A such fragile class should be compensate with higher output dps, but in facts this isn't. Sightless eye has a great damage bonus but: costs a lot of mana and doesn't have to hit bonus (and to hit bonus from dexterity is not enough to face final levels without HUGE bonuses from items or some bonuses and ignore target defence).
Please consider these facts.

WARRIOR
I cannot speak for my brother but my impression is that this class has had a good improvement with last patch. Very solid, almost immortal in hell difficulty, very good dps, good mobility with teleport spell. Obviously he doesn't have area or powerful ranged attacks, that makes them good balanced, always IMHO.

I hope these considerations could help.
As always thanks to Brightlord, without whom all this would not be possible.

(and sorry for my poor english, be patient)
diablo

Post by diablo »

"- Players will now enter town with full health and mana "

when i die and restart in the town then i dont have full health and mana!
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

Darkaleb, look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV7fP8BTBw4 . That's kinda self-explainatory why rogues aren't buffed even more, still, they're the best class
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

guys it says that the file contains virus or malware. does this happen with me only? (BTW i have ublock origin)
danielson

Post by danielson »

By "- Players will now enter town with full health and mana " he meant that when you exit the game and re-enter another one, you will always have full health and mana.
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

@Doubtful

that guy uses chrome or IE(Edge) browser ?

i've heard same issue from other guy.
(he said that displayed alert "this file maybe contains virus or malware" while downloading)

ive checked this zip with 3 anti-viruses with latest DB, but no detection.

- Avira
- Emsisoft
- Malwarebytes
- CCleaner (for registry scan)

i think browser has detected advertisement of tinyupload.com as malware or virus.
(i could download this without alert,using firefox+uBlock origin plugin)

thats why i wanna replace zip from tinyupload to official download section...
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

Hi Wojtek, thanks for reply, anyway i don't understand how that player can sustain disintegrate diablo attack in torment (or even warrior charges). My impression is that tchernobog has different balance in gameplay.
All that i wrote is referred to my gameplay experience in tchernobog with the latest patch, and i'm lvl 50 almost top gearing, the only item i don't have is mavina helm and i don't know how could I cap the res if i equip it, while keeping a decent amount of hp. I'm really curious about rings, belt and amulet he (or she) use in the video, but he don't show them.

EDIT: i investigate better the video and i think torment in Belzebub is like hell in Tchernobog, in terms of balance. Only Brightlord can correct or confirm my view.
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

Actually, tchernobog but quest rewards is easier than belze xD . Mobs cannot get more than 1 bonus like haste etc. You're propably undergeared Darkaleb
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

@Darkaleb
i have to consider status point again perhaps.
(tactics adding all point to dex in belzebub will not pass in tchernobog)

in tchernobog ,ive noticed increase damage amplifier per dex of Sightless-eye is different.

belzebub = 1Dex/about 1% skill dmg amplifier (30Dex/32% dmg amp)
tchernobog = 1Dex/0.25% skill dmg amplifier (50Dex/12% dmg amp)

so,adding to Str (for physical and critical dmg) maybe increase total dmg.
i decided to make rogue again sadly.
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

@Miso_Niz

I tried to make a comparison between giving points in str or dex but it seems all to dex is always the best, even with sightless eye nerf (don't know about phys dmg bonus and armor bonus, actually is 0,25 the first and 0,2 the second, per point).
Anyway i currently have 95-100% crit chance, does make sense going further? Or maybe at this point is better to go with str and crit damage?
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

@Darkaleb

hmm...it seems necessary to verify more.

my thought is which dmg efficient is better all-dex or balancing between str to dex.
advantage of add dex is armor/phy resist/much crit-chance.
so gains near 100% crit and few defensive stats (causes enemy's fumble and reduce taking damage)
but no gain crit-damage except crit-damage suffix, like puncturing/piercing/bashing

on the other hand, advantage of add str is crit-dmg ,so gain much base-DPS displayed on stats.
but less armor than dex (will be grass canon against physical)

im not sure which is better defensive or glass canon.
but ill make rogue again in order to try which is good rogue for me on v0.1.1

ill farm recipes and check warrior and barb before this though :wink:

btw, i want displaying deal dmg option belzebub has.
Currently playing Grim Dawn - AoM

<Belzebub>
-Warrior / Barbarian Lv60 (SnB / Dual Wield)
-Rogue Lv60 (ITD Bow)
<Tchernobog>
-Rogue Lv60 (ITD Bow)
-Barbarian Lv60 (SnB & Axe Hybrid)
-Warrior Lv60 (SnB w/o ITD)
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

Hello,

good to see the work on this was resumed. I downloaded the version from the link in this thread, made a new Rogue character and I experienced a freeze when I approached the Butcher's room.

My last command was to move in front of the Butcher's door, I didn't click to open it yet. I could still move my mouse around and highlight doors and stuff on the bottom UI panel, but clicking or pressing any hotkeys didn't work, I couldn't go to the menu, etc. so I had to ALT+TAB out and exit the game from windows. W7 x64 if that helps, the game says it's Tchernobog v 0.1.1 ALPHA.

Here's a screnshot:
http://imgur.com/a/VBrxj
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

I would gladly cooperate with a person who knows how to balance an rpg game. By that I mean to create complete and reasonable balanace of every aspect and not just balancing the game differently because that's not a big deal to do :D.

I aim for game balance that is diablo 1 like for normal and progresses exponentially with each difficulty level. However doing it without creating proper spreedsheets for all game data is a poor approach. The problem is that I spend little time on this aspect. What I do now is buffing/nerfing certain feature so eventually in 10 years it will be reasonable. :D
danielson

Post by danielson »

Download site doesn't open, I reuploaded to here.
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

@Miso_Niz

I made a comparison using elisirs, but i don't know if there is difference between softpoints and hardpoints (i'll make a try with next level).

With elisirs, in my case, my dps become 2966 (str) and 2960 (dex) from 2720. Not so different. On the other hand dex gives in addition armor, to hit, sithless eye and multishot bonus.

The real question, again, is: is useful to have more than 100% crit chance?
Do you have an answer?

@Brightlord

Maybe at this point quests implementig should be made first, but it's only my personal opinion :D