Mod release 0.1.0 test

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
BrightLord

Mod release 0.1.0 test

Post by BrightLord »

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8880893758

I hope that all critical bugs are fixed in this release. I ran out of time to apply all fixes and improvements that were planned. :(

Tchernobog version 0.1.0
- Fixed bug that caused weapon to disapear
- Fixed bug that proevent secondary weaponset from being affected by repair all and recharge all npc services
- Fixed crash related to golem or other minion death
- Fixed game freeze that could occur on multiple reasons
- Fixed bug that caused player to apear at top of the map when loading level
- Fixed potential combat related crash
- Fixed spell visual effects disapearing too early
- Fixed monster animation desynchronization
- Fixed monster AI to be act better on higher resolutions
- Fixed bug that prevented to correctly consume spell charges and scrolls
- Fixed bug that prevented affixes on random unique monsters
- Fixed spell level glitch related to shirnes
- Fixed whrilwind skill bugs
- Fixed player and trade stash sizes and crash
- Fixed GUI message box glitch while using NPC services
- Fixed functional key skill bind crash
- Fixed elixirs duration displayed in tooltip
- Fixed grammar in several item names
- Fixed long sword and claymore order problems
- Fixed magic and cold damage bonuses from set items
- Fixed errors related to random unique monster names and AI
- Fixed bug that caused revived monsters revived by necromancers to be hostile towards player
- Fixed bug that caused killed revived monsters to remain on minimap
- Fixed diabolic shrine glitches that could spawn monster with undefined behaviour
- Fixed bug that caused rogue's multiple shot arrows to be placed too close to each other
- Fixed the dark lord death animation issues
- Fixed traps to properly effect players and monsters
- Fixed Thaumaturgic shrine to not respawn objects other then chests
- Fixed lightning damage per character level bonus on unique items
- Fixed wrong gold stack icon being selected while picking up pile
- Fixed bug related to billing for repair, recharge and identify shop operations
- Fixed statistic calculations for champion monsters
- Fixed Assassins Narcosis skill to not reset The Dark Lord and similary scripted monsters
- Fixed object mouse on hover selection range in town
- Fixed bug that allowed The skeleton king to use corpse explosion on normal difficulty
- Fixed bug that caused visited parts of map to disapear after reentering zone
- Fixed bug that caused warrior, rogue and assassin skill to be free
- Fixed glitch that caused player using melee and ranged skills to spam "OOM" sound
- Fixed bug that blocked hot keyed skill swap while holding mouse button
- Fixed map events desynchronization
- Fixed bug that caused summoned monsters to be killed by some of the special monsters
- Improved bonuses of barbarian, warrior and assassin classes from strength and dexterity attributes
- Barbarian physical strength and endurance are now greatly increased at cost of being unable to use spells that consume mana
- Warrior's charge is now level 24 skill
- Warrior's shield wall is now level 32 skill
- Necromancer's blood ritual is now level 16 skill and it's bonuses has been toned down
- Necromancer's corpse explosion is now level 24 skill
- Necromancer's revive is now level 32 skill
- Adjusted necromancer minions balance
- Golem, Zombie and Skeleton summons will now start with better resistances
- Monster repulse effects from enchancements now have short cooldown
- Players will now enter town with full health and mana
- Removed feature that allowed to cast repair, recharge and identify spells when clicking inside inventory
- Enabled Torment difficulty level
- Summonable and minion monsters are now only selectable when appropriate spell is selected
- Changed the flow of Butcher related quests
- Adjusted offset of Hammer icon cursor used while repairing
- Regular unique monsters may only have one affix
- Restored function of CTRL key
- Heal other cannot be used to heal caster player anymore
- Guardian spell now properly benefits from it's level rather then firebolt
- Modified resistances and immunities of monsters and bosses
- Monster immunity should be easier to remove with target resistances reducing items [125% cap]
- Reduced number of required materials for lower level recipies
- Adjusted monster spawn locations in Terrors Domain level
- The Dark Lord has been slightly toned down but gained mechanic that will disintegrate players using run away tactics
- Character saves are now protected from file write system failures.
qualakon

Post by qualakon »

Welcome Back Brightlord!

Good to see new releases. Will give it a playthrough later tonight.
Martim

Post by Martim »

Hello,
first, thank you for the release.
I tried to play, but it says "MSVCP140.dll couldn't be found" and game doesn't open.
I downloaded and replaced the files in the same old tchernobog folder.
Am I doing something wrong? Windowns Vista here.

Edit: I ran it on my other PC (win 7) and it worked!
Edit 2: it worked on my win7 without need of adding dlls. Added the required dlls to my Win Vista, tried to update from microsoft and I still couldn't make it work.
Last edited by Martim on 03 Jan, 2017 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

That's a lot of fixes, and realeased just in time for the anniversary! Congrats and thank you for your time spent working on this. All we need is a bugs/feedback topic now and time to play. :D
mybrokenwalls

Post by mybrokenwalls »

Thank you!
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

first of all, congratz update !

this is my first impression on warrior / barbarian on 0.1.0

1.increasing health/vit rate
warrior has 3hp/1vit (v0.095 has 2.5hp/1vit)
barbarian has 4hp/1vit (v0.095 has 3hp/1vit)
so increase about 30-40% hp on warrior/barbarian before.

2.barbarian has no mana.
+mana prefix (e.g. dragon's, wyrms) has no increase mana.
means mana absorb/mana steal is useless on barbarian atm.
(+mana prefix is useless for barbarian right?)

3.rare affixes
rare has still 6affixes (belzebub has 8affixes max)
so,crafted gears are still better than rare.

4.hit rate to torment enemies.
i've tested no ITD (pure To Hit) is viable or not on torment enemies.
as a result, u can hit enemies if u have To Hit 450% over on solo.
(fumble is quite low, but it will increase with many players maybe)
this difference to belzebub will have build/gear variations on melee classes perhaps.

5.overfow exp
exp is overflow like belzebub, but no redistribute after new game.
so u need make new character if u want manage(change) attributes after lv60.
(i made new characters again for balancing crit dmg/crit rate/hp)

6.network
no problem, confirmed connection with 3pc in my LAN at least.
(i dont test on VPN though)

much appreciate Brightlord, its still enjoyable !
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf »

Thank you for working again on Tchernobog! Its great, and was very fun playting the latest night! :)
danielson

Post by danielson »

Greetings Brightlord!

Yesterday I was in my childhood village doing some visitings etc and no net, so couldn't see this. Thank you very much for your hard work!
I will delete my every characters and items and start a total new now! (so that older version characters ad stuff doesn't affect this "many bug-fixed current version" - because e.g. my 0.091 version Necro which I still have was kinda bugged on level 4 in the 0.093-0.095 version)

P.s.
For the "MSVCP140.dll" problem here is a solution which worked for me (for win 7 pro 64bit users):
Download the newest version of the 32bit of "MSVCP140.dll" here, and Microsoft C++ 2015 x64 here. Install the C++ and copy the dll to your Tchernobog folder.

This version doesn't work on my win xp pro 32bit sp3, neither on a win xp pro 64bit which I gave it a try (not on win xp or 32bit os anymore). Stops with the "not valid win32 application" error.
Last edited by danielson on 31 Dec, 2016 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
anokic

Post by anokic »

I don't understand the
- Changed the flow of Butcher related quests
Are quests now implanted?
I have many friends waiting for long time to start to play this mod, and they are waiting quests to be implanted when it does this will be fun :)!
Kazvall

Post by Kazvall »

Amazing! Thank you!

In game the version should read alpha 0.1.1? That's what mine says.
danielson

Post by danielson »

Happy New Year!

Yeah, mine says that too.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

btw shouldnt the new version of appear in the download section? :)
anokic

Post by anokic »

It should so that everyone has the same version :)! Post it on website noktis
Rorschach

Changes

Post by Rorschach »

Hey,

on 0.095 Tchernobog all skills (not Spalls!) coast no mana. I loved that cuz on beginning its annoying to have no mana for using skills.
On lategame that wanst a problem cause u deal enought damage to steal the mana for the skills.

For Necro:
The Zombies are pretty useless. Maybe the duration can be removed like the skeletons but the number of summoned zombies are limited to 3...

Weapondamage to summons would be a nice mod for a unique.

For the rest:
can the buffs be changed to passive skills?
the duration is very short :(

buuuuut anyway its a great mod and ur changes and bugfixes are nice work ;)
500xhp

Post by 500xhp »

Hey! Thanks for working on the Diablo I HD multiplayer! Great job!

I have been playing Diablo I tchernobog for about a month (before that i player simple Diablo Hellfire) and tried 0.1 version (played 0.095) few days ago and want to leave my feels and thoughts about the mod, mod balance, bugs... Hope this will be useful and you will listen to me and make some changes in new versions :)

Classes and class abilities

Obviously, the word "balance" is somewhat not applicable to the Diablo game itself because the game is not about PvP but about farming and killing monsters. But still everybody wants to have some sort of balance so that it will be appromaxatly the same difficult to complete the game with different classes.

1) Mage
This seems to be the easiest class that can fight approximatly every enemy and use different tactics to win it. The only thing that embarasses that this class is absolutely equipment-independent. You just need to increase magic every new hero level and wear blue items that increase magic & mana (that can be found everywhere) to dominate on every battlefield. I don't think that bad but all other classus suck (compared to the mage) and need to be improved a little bit.

2) Warrior, Rogue, Assasin
These classes are (unlike the mage) item-dependent, they need good weapons. In 0.095 they had free (no mana required) skills and were able to spam skills. That made them as strong as the mage (because rogue with high dexterity was abe to spam the arrows the same way as mage spams chain lightning or so....

With the 0.1 update those classes became a lot weaker. This is because now they need mana to use their class abilitites. The fact is that instead of good items for damage, life that those classes need now you have to equip the items that steal mana and other staff that was not necessary before. That is very annoying and makes them weaker, please bring the free class abilities back!!!

Now about those class abilities. Why do classes need mana for some "active" class abilities (like rogue's piercing?)? Cooldown was enough and good! This can be applied to warrior's charge, assasin's grenades and so on.

Multiple Arrow Show, Warriors attacks (and so on) should be free too (and without cooldown). This is because otherwise these classes suck (compared to the overpowered mage). May be these abilities should be somehow become worse, but still they should be free and unlimited.

3) Necromancer

Thanks to 0.1, now necromancer has his main ability to use blood instead of mana from level 16. But still, as Rorschach mentioned, the ability to summon zombie is pretty useless. May be you should make bigger amount of zombies from the start or make them have the unlimited duration or so....

Skeletons are quite week on the first (8-24) levels. Make them stronger please or at least give the ability to summon 1 skeleton from the start.

4) Barbarian

I haven't fully tried barbarian, so nothing to say.

5+) Other classes

There are no other classes. But. The mod you made tries to make a half-copy of diablo II on diablo I (same standart classes [no druid]). But why do you forget about features that diablo I had? I mean these 2 things:
a) Monk class. Diablo hellfire had an interesting non-trivial class that was not inluded in Diablo II. I believe that to include that kind of a class you need to do some work like adding hellfire files to the mod or so? But you've done such an amazing amount of work that I believe It won't take you long to add a new class?
b) 2 weapons together. Like the bard class in Diablo hellfire Had. Why not? For barbarian for example!

Items and Crafting

Crafting and farming for set & unique items is interesting, but a little bit unbalanced. There are some problems I've discovered:

1) It is quite impossible to find set & unique items for your hero level (unless you teleport to secret pass for 100500 times). Usually when you fnd some green item it is for the lower level hero and the blue or yellow item you have is twice better the the one you've found. That is not good gameplay.

2) SInce it is too hard to find set items, using unique tems makes a lot more sence. That is terrible too. Moreover, sometimes the set for your hero level is WORSE that the pack of unique (non set) items for your hero level!!!

3) Unique items.
Some unique items have so huge negative effects that I can't really understand why this item is so unique. Please decrease the negative effects from some unique items.

4) Crafted items. Here is the same problem as I've mentioned before: crafted items on level X are worse than found blue & yellow items on the same hero level X. That makes no sense. Please decrease the receipt required level or increase the effects from the crafted items.

Other ideas
1) When hero enters the town from the town portal the HP and MANA should become 100% (if the hero has no negative effects applied). No need to spend time going to the Healer and the Witch to restore the HP and MANA.
2) Since the bosses do not have quest items dropped for now (like butchers hatcher) it is reasinable to make a 100% change for the bosses to drop something unique or set after death. THis will make some other way to farm things (not just secret pass respawn-teleporting).

To end this (hell)
I'd be glad to help with this mod by any means. I can do different things from simple testing & text editing & balancing ----- up to programming (C++?). If I can do something to help please let me know (here or to mail iamalexkorotin@gmail.com)