Mod release 0.1.0 test

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

@Darkaleb

im not sure more crit-chance is useful over 100%.
but i think below.

- add crit chance will be usuless if u reach 100% (its just imo)
- multipleshot deal dmg penalty (not numbers of arrows) is -50% cap.

so i thought add str for crit-dmg maybe useful if u use multishot mainly.
(but will be glass-cannon because less armor than add all to dex)
and dex in belzebub gives sightless eye's dmg amplifier so much.
but dex in tchernobog gives lower.

i think the reason OP Rogue in belzebub is due to high sightless-eye amplifier such as Rolpogo's vids on belzebub (2min clear torment terrors domain)

these are just infomation.
my belzebub's Rogue (add almost point to dex)
http://imgur.com/a/bYjoA

my tchernobog's Rogue (add almost point to dex,and this is what ill remake)
http://imgur.com/a/BS9tM
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

@Miso_Niz

Thanks for your useful information. LOL almost half the dps between belzebub and tchernobog... so sad...

Anyway as i said i'll try too to make a comparison in order to know what's better between str and dex, but i have to do at least 2-3 levels (actually i'm 39 with another rougue). The main question is if is there difference between bonuses from hardpoints and softpoints in str and dex.

Further i'd like to find which stats are involved in dps calculation: to hit? crit chance over 100%?

Then i'll let you know ;-)
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

@Darkaleb
i think displayed DPS is calculated from these factor.

- base dmg (incl. enchanted magic dmg like fire/cold/lite/mag)
  notice:magic dmg doesnt effect critical factor,critical effects only physical dmg.
- crit-chance
- cri-dmg
- attackspeed

it similer to dmg calculation of diablo3.

this calculation isnt include reduce enemy's resistance / physical resist by force armor to 0 with ITD.
i cant verify how reductions effect real dmg on tchernobog, because dealing dmg doesnt display on playing.
(so i want display dmg option such as belzebub)
anokic

Post by anokic »

Im not using any skills and im level 20 cause it takes to much mana it's not possible to do this. Im level 20 and im still in catacombs. The warrior class is destroyed xD Thank you for you work Brightlord! keep it up! We are suporting you little pretty ass :)
jangnanggureogi

Post by jangnanggureogi »

Thank you!!!

i played torment with my sor and it costs 20~15minutes to clear terror domain and when i play with my friend, it costs 10~15minutes.

minion crash seems still occur,but not much worry about.(i had crushed by it only once.)
tuggle id:jangnanggureogi
ICQ number:691511013
binorame

Post by binorame »

- Fixed bug that caused warrior, rogue and assassin skill to be free
Why fixing something that wasn't a bug ?

from patchnote 0.093 :
Fixed glitch with Sorceror and Necromancer spells to consume resources. Other classes skills should remain free.
Mana cost are expensive as fuck, that's not like you invest tons of stats points on energy like sorceror....
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

I think too warrior, rogue and assassin skills should be free, or at least should costs much less (indeed they're not spells). It doesn't make any sense invest in mana and mana steal for non-spellcaster classes in order to use their base skills...
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

I've just looked at why my rougue char has less mana then expected and i realize that it gets only 1 mana per level, down from 2 of Belzebub... seriously? Why nerfing rougue even more? Half dps, no defense, 1 mana and life per stat, and now even 1 mana per level?
Just a little love for this class, please...
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Mod will be retuned based on players feedback each patch so it will hopefully become balanced at some point.

Mana cost of skills will be reduced next patch and bow damage calculation will be restored.

If mana cost is removed from skills then might aswell remove all mana leach items from the mod because that attribute will be useless.

IMO only classes that need love are warrior and assassin. I'm totally not happy with the warrior skill set. Whole skill system is really just a temporary solution. What I originally planned is to have only three classes from original diablo 1 then allow to customize them with something like skill tree consisting of passive and active skills. That skill tree would consist of three tabs. First tab would allow to customize character in the way of warrior or barbarian. Second tab would be rogue/assassin and third tab for sorceror/necromancer. This would allow to create for example necrorogue, battlemage or just really beefed up fighter.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

I'm sorry that this mod is not enjoyable experience right now but that's the way of alpha version. I have to experiment because there's no such thing like blueprints for this mod. Some changes are good while others fail and need to be scrapped.

Now my goal is to slowly implement quest system and fix most critical bugs so the mod will become stable. Theres long way till it leaves alpha stage.

Rate at which this mod is developed is not satisfying but it's still better then standing still...
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

@BrightLord

Thats what u should have done. Many classes sometimes mean nothing. Instead you can create a game with few classes but provide ways via skills, items etc for these classes to play differently and let players create their Warrior or Barb.

BTW dont create a skill tree similar to Diablo 2 or even Path of Exile. The reason is that in these skill trees ppl are forced to choose skills/stats that they dont want and that goes against the whole build diversity idea.
500xhp

Post by 500xhp »

What I originally planned is to have only three classes from original diablo 1 then allow to customize them with something like skill tree
Please do not do this. There are severals reasons why I ask you not to do this.

1) Probably will not be save game compatible with previous versions! I think that a lot of players do not want to gain 30+ levels for the second time (for a new hero).

2) This will make diablo look more like the Diablo II and III. But the idea of the diablo I is to be "simpler" then its later versions. So that if you play some class you do not have to think a lot about what skill to upgrade or choose. At this moment, the class system is perfect (in my opinion), you do not have to think about skills they just appear level-by-level. Better add some new classes like monk or bard (I've written about that before)
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

@Brightlord

Well, dear Brightlord, the mod is yours and it's totally right you shape it the way you like more.

Thanks for listening at our concerns about mana problem and rougue nerfing, i'm really hyped for the next patch :D

And i'm agree with you about warrior and assassin, my brother is playing a warrior lvl 54 and the major problem according to him is the constant stuns in combat, even with 186% hit recovery and a LOT of fast block and armor.

About skill tree, I'm personally agree with 500xhp. It sounds really nice and would be awesome to have more configurations, but the greatest risk is precisely to exponentially increase balancing critical issue.
Unless you exactly know first how to balancing all the trees :D

Thanks again for your awesome work!
danielson

Post by danielson »

@BrightLord

The current state of the Tchernobog and your originally planned version are both interesting, either goes for me :lol: . Btw, there is no need to apologize for something like that, everybody has different amount of free time and everybody should know what an alpha version means = experimental version. It is just us players (testers), who say different kind of opinions because of how much we can get even into the experimental game.

@500xhp

One day when the full mod (including implemented quests too) will be out, every players should start anew, otherwise it will be killjoy and characters will be bugged too anyway. Though this also depends on person, for me, I always like to build up from scratches, no matter how much time it takes.
anokic

Post by anokic »

Gj @BrightLord you are doing great in my opinion :)!