Mod release 0.1.0 test

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Mari

Post by Mari »

in love.
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

just downloaded the multiplayer mod (already played belzebub a long time). Why is it I can't run in town? Is it supposed to be like this (like in vanilla)?

€: solved the problem :)
lucianokonescki

Post by lucianokonescki »

Great work!
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

Forgive my impatient but is it possible to have a small update with some minor bug fixes + class balance adjustment? I had to switch to sorc / necro / barb to face torment levels cause rougue class is not decently viable even with top gear (i collected all the gear of the player who cleared final torment level in belzebub, but there is excessive lack in dps and mana, even considering no quest bonuses, i tried different configurations too but it's too hard compared with other classes).

Even warrior is not competitive with sorc/necro/barb because of block lock and some useless skills (like charge).

Would be great! Thanks in advance, this mod is awesome!
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

1) You shouldn't be asked if you really want to identify/repair all items if you click on the button. It's annoying.

2) Make Townportal a "skill" that everyone can use. I play as a barbarian and it really sucks to always having to buy town portal scrolls....
Last edited by sergio_cannabis on 02 Feb, 2017 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

Bug Report:

1) using scrolls (e.g. healing) with my barb with right click from the inventory doesn't work. i have to put it in the belt and press right click on it to actually work

2) I had a healing scroll in my belt and pressed "1" to use it, but my char got stuck and i couldn't do anything anymore. I had to exit the game.

Suggestions:

1) You shouldn't be asked if you really want to identify/repair all items if you click on the button. It's annoying.
Ciao Sergio, you can report bugs here: http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/bug/
Solrokk

Post by Solrokk »

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!!!

I JUST found out about this amazing mod. and my friends and I have been playing it. And unfortunately I ran into alot of crashes and bugs.

After reading it was no longer being worked on. I was a little sad, because this mod is amazing. (I have not played single player Belzbebub due to friends)

Now that you are back, and added Torment just in time! Also fixed all of these terrible crashes. Im SO HAPPY!!

Thank you!!!! I'm going to donate!

Keep it up!! I'd love to see the quests working. Dont worry about balancing, just crashes/bugs/quests. :)
ghent

Post by ghent »

I'm new to the forum; and I thank you for your precious time on this marvelous modifications for the game.

I want to ask; can't armor etc. be added on to the player like on D2? I mean the visualization of the player never chages through the game; only the weapons do.
radicool

Post by radicool »

I want to ask; can't armor etc. be added on to the player like on D2? I mean the visualization of the player never chages through the game; only the weapons do.
Probably not going to happen. Diablo 2 and Diablo 1 use different system for making these visual changes. This mod is being developed by 1 person. I'm not sure he has the time or digital art expertise to create all the new art for this to happen.

Maybe if somebody volunteered their time to help Brightlord create all the necessary art assets, it could be done, but its no easy task. Though I think there are other more important things to change at this stage like adding quests and fixing big bugs. Brightlord seems focused on balancing mages at the moment which will hopefully fix that annoying problem with mass immunities on enemies. Its hard for sorcerers at the moment on higher difficulties.

I've always had the idea of somebody creating 3d models of the characters to replace the existing sprites that are currently used. Code could be run to ensure the character is always fixed into the current directions to simulate that sprite effect and Diablo gameplay. If 3d modeled characters existed, it would be possible to add new animations, armors, dual wielding weapons, more detailed characters. I suppose if enough content was ported to 3d models, the game could be truly HD (High Definition) without having to zoom out to some absurd amount, impacting on gameplay and atmosphere. From the artists side, I think it would be easier to make 3d models rather than new sprite sheets. But that's its all a lot of work for an artist and for Brightlord.

The only question is the work required to get Tchernobog to support 3d characters and ensuring the creator of these characters could get the feel for the right style (realistic looking, gritty colours, true to originals).
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

Thanks for updating this game.

Want more chances to my necromancer, zombies is VERY bad.

Level up a necromancer 1-8 is masochism, and after skeletons none use zombies, and still masochism until get some skeletons to meat shield and deal some damage.

Necromancer Feedback:

- Withdraw the Zombie skill, because this is bad;
- Put Summon Skeleton in level 1;
- Put in lvl 8 a type of curse, from Diablo 2, like AMPLIFY DAMAGE or DECREPIFY, this will make necromancer balanced and much style from the Diablo 2.

about brightlord 3 threes and returning to 3 original classes:
- Please, dont make this!!!!!
This system with 6 classes are much good and fun, just need polish some classes and make some kits more balanced and give a "space for all spells" to being very useful.

Hope this feedback will help, thanks again for update this mode.
emsik88

winXP support bug?

Post by emsik88 »

Hi, I tested new wersion 0.10, but in windowsXP(32bit) this new version don't work !
I played old version 0.095 with friends at XP inside linux virtualbox without problems. Please repare this bug.
neversun

Post by neversun »

@ Miso_Niz

these are just infomation.
my belzebub's Rogue (add almost point to dex)
http://imgur.com/a/bYjoA

my tchernobog's Rogue (add almost point to dex,and this is what ill remake)
http://imgur.com/a/BS9tM
I really do not understand how that can be if you spent all point into Dex:
Yours belzebub's Rogue has: 427 (545) Dex
Yours tchernobog's Rogue has: 290 (430) Dex

Maybe this explains a huge DPS difference?
Where did you loose 137 stat points?
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

@neversun

Tchernobog isnt implemented single play quests in belzebub.
attributes bonus quests in belzebub below.

<Lost Treasure reward>
3pts * 4attributes * 4difficulties = 48pts
<Black Mushroom reward>
3pts * 4attributes * 4difficulties = 48pts
<Infestation of the Worms rewards>
5pts * 4difficulties = 20pts
<Island of the Sunless Sea rewards>
5pts * 4difficulties = 20pts

so,lower 136(48+48+20+20)pts than belzebub.
neversun

Post by neversun »

@ Miso_Niz
Thanks for the info.
Ok, that means:
Suppose that your equipment is the same in both cases, so we have:
1) Belzebub: 545 Dex and 139 Str doing 7313.33 DPS
2) Tchernobog: 430 Dex and 144 Str doing 4513.31 DPS
Very roughly:
in Belzebub: 7313.33 DPS/545 Dex=13.4 DPS per 1 point of Dex.
in Tchernobog: 4513.31 DPS/430 Dex=10.5 DPS per 1 point of Dex. or approx. 30% damage less per point.
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

because gears are not the same (especially craft items)

i think to calculate dps/stats (= dps devide dex or str) is meaningless,
because dps is calculated from these factor.

- base damage (weapon dmg + str/dex bonus)
- critical damage (str + crit-dmg suffix)
- critical chance (dex + crit-chance prefix)
- attack speed