Rogue tips

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Eckingsan

Rogue tips

Post by Eckingsan »

Hi all,

I'm very new to this forum and Belzebub. Looks like an active community. Really enjoying this!

I was wondering if anyone had tips regarding Rogue builds or where to find good equipment? I'm lvl 20 and really struggling with caves on normal. Griswold/Gheed don't really offer good equipment and I can't seem to find any from normal play (at least not yet).

I'm probably doing something wrong :P Here's my build:
Bow of lightning, Hunter's Bow: 2-6dam, +1-32 lit dam, very fast
Arkaine's Valor Ring Mail: 25AC, +10vit, +40%faster hit recov, -3dam taken
Undead crown: 8AC, 8% life steal
Eagle chain sash: 2AC, +7% MF, +3 all attrib, +17 HP
Soul Coil Ring: fire res +15%, cold res +15%, +4vit, 1HP regen/5s
Empyrean Band Ring: +2 all attrib, +20%faster hit recov, +20% light rad, absorbs 1/2 trap dam

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

http://imgur.com/a/qkTp3
http://imgur.com/oLg5Wgc
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Just keep plowing through and you will collect everything that you need. Normal will be the only level in which you will collect these special unique quest items. Don't loose them.

Just get through Normal and the rest of the difficulties quickly. Torment is where the fun really begins when you hit level 50 and above.
refix

Post by refix »

recommend you get teleport asap. collect gear with magic on it and then pop a magic potion to learn the spell. you dont need to have the required magic that you needed to learn the spell to cast it
Eckingsan

Post by Eckingsan »

It's sad but I feel like I'm even having trouble with normal. Should I just keep grinding cave level 10 to hopefully find better gear and level up?

Also, should I keep dumping into dex or another stat?

Thanks
refix

Post by refix »

all points into dex. recommend vendor resetting for hp/res items.
XylonDarkstar

Post by XylonDarkstar »

Is it really worth keeping the quest unique items?

Are you able to upgrade them somehow using the anvil + recipes?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

You can upgrade them (after you learn Upgrade Uniq Weapon/Armor recipes) but they suck either way later on, so just salvage them when you replace them with something better.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Quest items can not be upgraded, even with the unique upgrade scroll.

Unique items of base level can be upgraded to the next tier with crafting.

I am assuming that the quest items are a bug.

I have saved all of my quest items and have built gear sets that work with my characters and set them aside. Once you are past level 50, even in torment, you can blast through a level, destroy everything, and emerge victorious with little challenge. When I want a challenge, I gear up on these lower level gear combinations and play in Hell mode with $PLAYER 10. Try doing that with ilvl 15 items that have been upgraded. Challenging.