Tchernobog mod continues

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Kazvall

Post by Kazvall »

I totally agree. On my 49 necro, without guardians, I'd have a MUCH harder time. To be quite honest, I have guardian cheesed my way through the whole game. Otherwise it's way too hard in Hell with immunities.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

(...) However I'm really sad about mod balance. It's somewhere between poor and non existing. I don't even see a possibility to fix it to the way it should be because it requires much testing and playing with calc sheets which would take me massive amount of time.
Even chess or Quake 3 Arena duels are not fully balanced. First one has first-move-advantage, second one spawns one player closer to priority weapon. And the Balance in Tchernobog / Belzebub is not as poor as You think it is, You're being too critical for Your own work.

You already realize that main imbalance problem is in spell / immunities.
Players / Testers will help You out.
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

The best way imho is to delete full immunities mobs and to set a required character level to read spellbooks (while lowering their magic requirements at high levels).

I'm even curious about chain lightning problem, considering its damage is too low to be effective against endgame enemies, while is too high at low-mid level instead. In hell/hell it is almost totally useless, i have to use single lightning or lightning wall to do a decent amount of dps.
Definitely i use only guardian and blizzard to survive at hell/hell, and the last level is impossible. I have absolutely no idea how to handle torment difficulty without firebolt bug.
onedaydude

Post by onedaydude »

So I just got this mod not 4 days ago. a friend of mine who I play diablo 3 with caught wind of it and I downloaded it immediately, I had been looking for a way to finally play multiplayer with friends who had wanted to play diablo 1 but wanted to play it together first. I first want to thank whoever made this, is continuing to work on this, or helps in any way. To finally be able to play this game again with friends is amazing. to hear that this particular mod is still getting updates and such makes me so happy. If you want to open a paypal im sure as hell willing to donate if that makes it so you continue to do what you've planned on doing for the year. I cant wait to do quests with my friends, im personally making sure they make new toons to die with when we can finally fight the butcher. Thank you again, and I look forward to seeing some of the other small bugs ( F keys, hitting that key twice in a row and making the game not crash in particular ) fixed as well as quests and such.....and seriously open a paypal let me donate. ive wanted a mod like this for fucking years!!!
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

So far 45 fixes and improvements for the next patch. Progress can be checked in the bug tracker. Game freeze bug will require reengineering of quite a big part of mod multiplayer code but that's not something I'm afraid of. :twisted:
danielson

Post by danielson »

Cool! Way to go! But please don't overstrain yourself, take it easy!!!
When 0.1.0 is out, with that much bugs fixed I will start everything from anew again, delete the older characters and items and will report again if I notice things.

Also, I don't know how long it's been but very great job on updating the homepage with those articles like "Spells, Set Items, Quests" etc.!
qualakon

Post by qualakon »

Glad to see you're back Brightlord
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

After you're done with implementing quests and fixes dont forget about that fat n juicy "Bugs & Suggestions" thread from the Belzebub subforum, its there awaiting some attention :)
ivenbach

Post by ivenbach »

I've been playing this for quite a while and am glad to hear this. Hope you can bring it to a high level of completion.
Superkamakazi

Post by Superkamakazi »

I'm a big fan of belzebub, and this news about tchernobog is amazing, if you can get this near the state of belzebub ill be playing it non stop!

Good luck mate!
LethalLag

Post by LethalLag »

Looking forward to another update. Can we expect anything soon or has real-life gotten in the way since the original post?

I just can't wait for some balancing changes :)
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Just bugfixes would already be great, to be honest. Balance is already much better than in Belzebub.
I wouldn't expect the update to be coming anytime soon, to be honest.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

i am still waiting for the quests to be added into the game, because you can get up to 80 attributes more.
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Great to hear Tchernobog will get updates. Really looking forward to seeing quests added. I have had a lot of fun with Belzebub and can't wait for Tchernobog! :D I hope you manage to improve it BrightLord! Thanks for the effort.
MedianXL/Belzebub fanatic
DirtyWolf

Post by DirtyWolf »

I hope this gets updated and hasn't been left to die