Sound issue in Belzebub

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Cronioc

Sound issue in Belzebub

Post by Cronioc »

Hello everyone !

I just discovered this wonderful et surprizing mode of Diablo 1 As a huge Diablo 2 fan, I must say this is a game I had to try out from the beginning to the end !

But here I start with a violent audio bug : after about 20 hits I don't hear my weapong hitting, then I don't hear any sound of creeps, then of objects, then of me getting hurt (and this is realy an issue to know when to heal up)

So please, tell me I did something wrong that can be changed or patched before I go too deep into that game and have to do all of this again ^^

Anyway, thx for your help that i'm sure will come soon ! :)
Kazvall

Post by Kazvall »

Not sure what advice to give, besides maybe trying the game in admin mode?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

There have been several threads about sound issues and i bet it's an openAL problem, not a mod problem, as i've read before. I don't have the solution because i didn't have this problem and i don't remember where i read about it, but feel free to use the forum's search function.
Diabolic

Post by Diabolic »

If it is OpenAL related, perhaps try installing OpenAL, or OpenAL-Soft (http://openal-soft.org/).
Arkane

Use Virtual Machine for Sound Issues

Post by Arkane »

I've also tried searching the internet for a fix for the sound issue in Windows 7 but havent manage to come across one that works. I tried everything. Eventually, I decided to use a virtual machine and use a Windows XP VM.

Install Oracle Virtual Box
Create a Windows XP Virtual Machine
Install Windows XP.
Install Open AL Driver
Install .net Framework v3.5
Install VC Redistributable 2010
Install VirtualBox Guest Additions
Enable 3D Hardware Acceleration

Sound seems to be working now. In Windows 7, it used to cut off about 20 seconds after entering a dungeon. Now its working well past that. Havent tested fully though.