Autosave question

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Shaftell

Autosave question

Post by Shaftell »

Hello.

First off I just want to thank the creator of this mod for his amazing work. I'm currently replaying Diablo 1 after more than 10 years.

I just have a quick question regarding saving. I understand the game autosaves every time you quit the game. However, when I return to the game and go to the waypoint, all the enemies that I previously cleared out have reappeared.

The first time I played it I didn't run it as admin, however I did the second time. I cleared most of the area, returned back to town, then quit the game. I loaded the game up again, went back to the waypoint and all the enemies (plus stronger, boss enemies) were there.

Also, every time I go to the waypoint after closing the game, the waypoint location has changed.

I'd appreciate any information, thanks a lot! :)
Shaftell

Post by Shaftell »

Never mind! I see there is a search function and after a quick search, I see that was the intention.

:D
Rounor

Post by Rounor »

Hi guys,

first sorry for my bad english.

I will replay Diablo with your wonderfull mod, but I have un little problem.

Game don't save my game, when I quit the game, I always back to the village like a new game.

Someone do what's the reason I have this problem, and maybe not, a solution ?

I install the files in the Diablo directory, but I don't understand why it do that.

Thank for your help !
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Run game as admin.
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

I see this as a advantage .... I play with spawning after closing at town .... So I am able to have refreshed areas and I got also random waypoints so that I can rejoin my games so often if I got a easy waypoint to warp to the right downstairs(does work for barbarian tactical good) :wink:
>>Call me just Ben<< ... TY for this mod!
----------------------------------------------------------
"Stay awhile and listen!"
Cop

Post by Cop »

Run as Administrator do not help in my case. What is the name of the file where game play is saved (not character but situation of the game)?
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

Cop, save0.chr.
Rogues:
- Jenny Marlo 60 lvl
- Roleen 60 lvl
- Roletta 60 lvl
Warrior: 50 lvl
Sorceror: 50 lvl
Necromancer: 50 lvl
Assassin: 47 lvl
Barbarian: 46 lvl
Cop

Post by Cop »

save0.chr has 9 764 bytes. Date and time of the file is correct. Each time I load the game I start from level 1 (regenerated). I have tried:
1. Run as Administrator
2. Move Belzebub files to Documents and run
3. Copy DIABDAT.MPQ to Belzebub folder
4. Using separate directory for Diablo and different for Belzebub
(and still have regenerated levels)
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Well that is normal, dungeon levels are always regenerated with each game you start, they get a new layout and are refilled with random groups of monster that can spawn in that dungeon level, special areas like Butcher's Chamber, Leoric's Tomb, Forest's Edge, etc retain layout since they only have one but are unexplored and refilled with same type of monsters cause only those type can spawn in there. This is an intended and a welcomed change, so you can farm, or grind, or restart a level if you feel the monsters rolled are to tough to beat, etc. But besides this the progress is saved, like quests, your character, items, etc.