Necromancer in Torment $player X, question

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
rRobban

Necromancer in Torment $player X, question

Post by rRobban »

Hi just registered to ask a question about the necromancer class.

Started playing this mod 2 weeks ago and have a lvl 41 sorcerer in Torment difficulty. Was a big challenge to clear Hell diff Terrors Domain because of resists and lacking -res gear but finally managed it.

Anyways my sorcerer is frustrating to play in Torment, I need a good -res staff. Was planing to retire him for a while and lvl up a new character to use for farming Torment.

So, was wondering, is a necro viable in endgame?

Are summons strong enough on their own to kill stuff in Torment high $player X setting? Are they strong enough to survive?

Don't want to waste my time lvling a necro if it turns out summons get crushed and don't have good damage.

Was planing to go for a pure vit build. Obviously will use spells but was hoping the minions will be strong enough on their own.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Ugily the Necromancer is currently level 53 in Torment Caves.

I primarily use only two spells. Telekinesis and Teleport. I use Skull Collector staff and some additional MF to about 150%. Wander around with Skeletons, spam with Zombies, and Revive as many minions as possible. Basically walk around and pick up loot. Teleport away if it gets bossy.
rRobban

Post by rRobban »

Thanks for the reply

Sounds good. Was worried the only way was to use minions as nothing but meatshields that does no damage.
How high $player command would you think is possible? Without the kill speed becoming to slow or summons not surviving?

By the way, after I wrote my post I lvled up my rogue a bit, lvl 35 currently in hell diff. Just using bow of the dead with some good rings and amu, the low lvl unique crit armor( forgot the name, armor have 20% crit), goldwrap belt and some crappy helm. Quite a shocking difference from my sorcerer that's for sure, lol. The damage is so insane even with just bow of the dead. Must be the most powerful class for sure, but not finding it particulary fun. So necro it is! :)
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

Bow of the dead has ignore target defence. Very good choice still not found Heartseeker.
For MF better use Rogue with Mavina set or Sorceror but he can farm only in Lost Treasure.
Rogues:
- Jenny Marlo 60 lvl
- Roleen 60 lvl
- Roletta 60 lvl
Warrior: 50 lvl
Sorceror: 50 lvl
Necromancer: 50 lvl
Assassin: 47 lvl
Barbarian: 46 lvl
rRobban

Post by rRobban »

Yeah figured it would be my best choice because of ignore target defense.

Have a buriza crossbow though( was really fun to see this D2 weapon being put in the mod) that I found when I farmed Lost Treasure with my sorcerer. Can't equip it yet, lvl 41 req, but I'm guessing it is in fact weaker then bow of the dead? Even if bow of the dead isn't upgraded.

I assume ignore target defense is that good? It's a bit of a shame if that is the case. Would have been more fun if they had made it not so clear cut.

Bow of the dead also have more speed and mana leech.

edit: forgot to ask, is it possible to find heartseeker bow from Lost Treasure? Can it drop there?
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

Bow of the dead is better than Buriza, because when you reach 41 lvl most of the monsters will have cold immunity.

Upgraded Bow of the dead required 104 str and 207 dex.

Not sure that the Heartseeker can be found in the Lost Treasure.
Rogues:
- Jenny Marlo 60 lvl
- Roleen 60 lvl
- Roletta 60 lvl
Warrior: 50 lvl
Sorceror: 50 lvl
Necromancer: 50 lvl
Assassin: 47 lvl
Barbarian: 46 lvl
rRobban

Post by rRobban »

It can indeed be found! :D lol I guess I better lvl up my rogue. Have no choice now in the matter. This dropped 5min ago for me.

Should say though that it is perhaps not surprising. Am stubborn like crazy when it comes to these kinds of games. Really shouldn't play them, I get to addicted. :P
Have ran Lost Treasure probably 8-9 hours in total since I typed my last message. Doing it while listening to audiobook and other stuff. Wanted to "get it over with" instead of running it while lvling a char that perhaps could use equipment.

Decided I wanted to farm some good gear before I lvl:ed up the necro. Seems like there is an ilvl cap at about 41 for the stuff that drops. Have found basically most of the uniques up until 41. Found many crafting recipes though that where ilvl 45.

My mf started at around 190 then after finding all the mf uniques I am sitting at a little over 300. If it is anything like D2 then the mf unique cap is probably at like 200, and after that you improve chance to find sets. To me at least it seemed like I started finding more set items when at 300 then at 200.
Was very quick. Neglected to pick up lots of stuff that could have been good or given good crafting materials. But since I eventually found Heartseeker it must have been the right choice.

lol, don't even want to imagine the damage my rogue can do with that bow. Every character after this one will seem very underpowered that is for sure.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

@rRobban
well, first of all: Congratulations! You are really lucky to get Heartseeker in Lost Treasure :) I think i found mine with my sorcerer at some boss somewhere in Torment. At that time i didn't have any Rogue char, so i thought it wasn't that good (cause the lvl-requirement is only lvl37, you know :D)

On reaching lvl 37 i tried it out instantly and since then almost solely use it and will probably use it for a long time ahead :D It is really op, i did with lvl 37 about 2000 DPS (with the other bows max 1400 DPS at that time), but the main thing is the insane AS and life steal. The only "minus" right now is that you need good mana leach from other items because you consume tons of mana due to the high AS :D

Btw, I wonder which audiobook are you listening to that keeps you so busy for 9 hours :D
uRa!
rRobban

Post by rRobban »

Been listening to the first book, Leviathan Wakes, of a science fiction series called The Expanse.
Usually I don't like to read science fiction but gave this one a chance since it was so highly recommended. Was a bit slow but ok I guess.

Regarding mana consumtion I think it will be ok. Like I wrote literally found every unique item up until lvl41 from lost treasure since I did so many runs.

Have two Symbol of Rathma rings, the cannot be frozen helm with leech, the unique dual leech amulet( ilvl 42, only item over ilvl41 I found). And lots of rare leech rings.

Another cool item that dropped was the unique war diadem with ias and life leech. Got one that got a pretty good roll on the stats, 18 ias I think.

Not sure what will be better cannot be frozen helm +symbol of rathma/rare ring, or war diadem with a raven frost. Also dropped one of those.

Anyways taking a break from the game now for a few days to not burn out. Been playing to much. :P

Going to spend some more of my spare time doing something that is pretty close to mf:ing in an arpg. :D Fishing salmon

Basically it's pretty similiar feeling, boring at times but you grind it out. Eventually you hook a really fantastic salmon and you feel great.

Fishing is better then gaming though, lol. But there is a time for everything. Need to waste some time gaming too.
d1saster

Post by d1saster »

Hi!
Due to this is topic about Necromancer could someone clarify how skeletons rise their stats?
Should I use some gear or should I spent point into certain attribute or their stats are completely independent?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Skeleton and Zombie stats are affected by VIT and cLVL and difficulty.

It is in the Docs under Character/Skills.

http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/diablo-1-hd ... t1211.html

Moderators, can you put a sticky on the documentation and website updates threads? Please.
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

I tested the necromancer by myself and figured out that he got shit clear speed but he is all in all fun to play.I would recomand you rouge or barbarian for speed farming ...(got lvl 37 rouge and lvl 44 barbarian)
>>Call me just Ben<< ... TY for this mod!
----------------------------------------------------------
"Stay awhile and listen!"
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

I have a 60 rogue. can confirm that rogues clear really fast
XylonDarkstar

Post by XylonDarkstar »

Managed to get Heartseeker somehow w/o really trying while doing nightmare Lost Treasure on sorc early on.

Question though, can Goldwrap drop in Hell/Torment Lost treasure? Sitting at 214% MF but dont have that sexy MF belt. Also, whats an optimal MF MH w/ Fortitude, if one exists?
sarcrofs

Post by sarcrofs »

@XylonDarkstar

I found this belt in Cathedral NM or Terror Domain Normal, I dont have assurance (but I have sure I find this in my only char, a Necromancer, I am at dlvl 9 NM).