Can someone give me some tips for Barbarian pls!

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
DiabloHIMSELF

Can someone give me some tips for Barbarian pls!

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

I'm level 19 and i got some problams cause i die so often and i don t know how i have to finish nightmare and hell cuse i got no good items...
:( Maybe you got some TIPs for me!

I play Rage build where i just stacks the class skill and spam cleave with rage skill and some else skills like the other highlevels Barbarians??
Can someone maybe say where i can get easy materials for anvil?TY :wink:
>>Call me just Ben<< ... TY for this mod!
----------------------------------------------------------
"Stay awhile and listen!"
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

just keep playing the game and you will find items, you should be around 25-29 by the time normal diablo is dead. at level 24 you get frenzy which is insanely good
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Frenzy LMB and Cleave RMB, get Frenzy to your current max stacks and then switch to using Cleave with an occasional Frenzy mixed in to keep it's timer up. Some life leech on weapon and rings, +life and -DFE on armor pieces, axes don't need to be the fastest if you are proficient with using Frenzy but Great/Gothic Axe has good speed if you don't have a Giant/Ancient one for it's better dmg, Rage/InnerFire/Sacrifice/Insanity to buff and just bring Full Life potions. Oh and if you are just clvl 19 in Nightmare difficulty you are way underleveled, and don't even have the innate +% all resistance to cover up most of the difficulty penalty, and you'd need at least 75% when going for Diablo and generally in Caves and Hell levels which are open areas with lots of ranged mobs can target you easier than in the Cathedral or Catacombs levels whose small rooms and doors you can use to your advantage and take on less mobs at once, then later you'd need even more that is obtained with +% max resistance by the time you get to Hell difficulty's end.

As for materials, salvage everything and don't bother with crafting until Hell difficulty, Chamber of Bone chests drop lots of items and the 3 chests at Horazon's Sanctum and the ones at the end of Secret Tunnel also give good stuff, at least for salvaging if they are not useful for your Barbarian.
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

ty m8!
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

I got a question...Can the Giant skull only drop in Hell on torment or its avaiable on nightmare aswell?...And another funny question...what will happen when i am a archer... and i take giant skull..can i use this helm and shoot I arrows with hands????cause act of transforming???^^

answer pls.. :lol: 8)
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

It may drop from Terror's Domain of Hell difficulty onward, but it is very unlikely that it will, i found mine in Torment, and yes the arrows shoot from hands (the melee attack animation) and doesn't look too weird imo, but i doubt any Rogue will get 200+ STR to wear it.

DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

omg i love you :D^^ LOL that looks funny with rogue...nice you play rouge??what lvl you got bro???...I'M so happy to see this transmog...
i find giant skull best item in game it looks so fuckn' amazing dude :D

you know maybe if the barbarian is the hardest char for hell aka torment cause he have to follow all got damn archers or succubus....
I thought that barbarian is one of the best char somebody sayed to me on YT he got lvl 60 and giant skull,he said that cause frennzy and cleave and Insanity and the fire dmage spells...but i got the feeing that he was kidding me cause i got great probems with my barbarian .... i got the feeling that the rouge is the best class in game cause she's mobile and strong...
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

That above is my test Barbarian (B was above W of Warrior when selecting which one can wear Giant Skull helm), you can figure it out from the shitty attack speed with bows, but anyway i had played all 6 characters twice before and beat Torment Diablo and went over 50+ clvl and even max clvl 60 on Warrior on regular and fun play, but early this year i also leveled (again) all 6 characters (one is the Barbarian above) without spending any attribute points gained from leveling or through quests items that add base attributes, just to try and figure out how skills progress with leveling, to add to my docs as best as i can. But whatever, you don't need to be bored with that sfuff.

Imo Warrior is not as "good" (read lightly) as Barbarian, this is because Barbarian with high enough clvl and Frenzy i find is harder to control but overall faster as clearing levels even with predominant ranged mobs then for ex Warrior (with Charge skill). Sure innate +% resist helps the Barbarian too, but then again Warrior compensates with shied and extra affixes from it. Anyway don't take my word for it, but i find Sorcerer OP and others Rogue OP, so after all it's a matter of preference or playstyle, some uniq/set items can weigh on this as well, but ppl generally stick to what they have best atm, and it's fine by me, and i think all can do fine, just different and some may not like one characres' playstyle.
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

k ty m8 ...but i got the feeling that melee classes got it not easy cause the barbarian got shit clear speed he can not take teleport cause 0 magic :?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I kinda disagree, Barbarian with Frenzy can get very high walk speed (and attack and hit recovery). So imagine the in town walking speed + Cleave (with faster attack speed then Warrior) while fighting mobs with the Barbarian, and since Torment has very high density it's not hard to keep Frenzy stacks up, plus Barbarian's skills don't use mana (like Warrior does) and what mana they have can be used solely for spells, Teleport etc. Overall i find Barbarian the fastest melee at clearing levels, but this doesn't mean Warrior struggles, he can Charge and Telehit mobs too, it's a different playstyle imo. And Assassins are not really supposed to agro much, and she is not a tank as those two guys, less fast at moving but hits harder, so she's a bit faster at taking down single targets, like bosses for ex, and has better mana pool than both of them for spells.

I get that fastest=best for most ppl and make you feel it's easy, and thus slow(er) automatically translates into bad or hard(er) with which i disagree, i like the variety more and how the playstyle changes witch each character, otherwise we would just have one character, or all characters behave the same with just different looks. Other ppl feel safe=best and because of this it's easy for them, like with a Necromancer's minions for ex, or a Rogue from a distance, but this doesn't mean the melee characters are not good and automatically hard because they are always in the middle of the action, some ppl feel empowered when they are ganged up and they clear mobs left and right swinging their weapon. After all it's a matter of preference, and easy and fast and safe or whatever doesn't always mean fun for everyone.
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

yeah youre right i mean just for the normal and nightmare difficult its hard to move fast cause there not that much mobs you know ..so i can t get freenzy up and this god damn succubus run away and i lose my stacks :? :?:
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

my barbarian knows teleport..uses it twice and runs out of mana lmao
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

how much magic you got m8? on youre barbarian
Last edited by DiabloHIMSELF on 20 Jul, 2016 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

0, I just have gear that adds mana/magic
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

Guys My barbarian beated normal and now he's on nightmare he got now lvl 28 :twisted: :!: I'm now on the way to lvl 60 m8s ;) :o