Tchernobog source release under MIT

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
BrightLord

Tchernobog source release under MIT

Post by BrightLord »

Hey guys.

I want to pass code and project resources under MIT license to the community since there is no chance I would continue at that point (Development is dead since 2014). However I don't want to host repository and manage that project myself. I am looking for person with some experience to do that so project doesn't become complete mess... PM me if you have will to do that.

This is only for tchernobog mod. Belzebub is complete and it sources will be cast into void. Twisted Evil
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

What kind of experience is required? Cause looking at other mods i figure not anything like that. And also if one has none can it be learned, self–taught i mean? If you have the time maybe you could point ppl in the right way, mentioning tools and anything else that you had used. I know there is will to keep this going but knowledge of how to is lacking.
Voxel

Post by Voxel »

I am using Python since years and got some experience with sdl through pygame and pysdl2. I am also familiar with C++ but I haven't done that many projects with it. I wouldnt manage the project but definitely contribute to its further development.
nodrm

Post by nodrm »

Any news?
Mnemozin

Post by Mnemozin »

This is only for tchernobog mod. Belzebub is complete and it sources will be cast into void. Twisted Evil
But why? Wouldn't it be better for everybody if you released Belzebub's source? There's like 3.5 people playing this game nowadays, and it's only gonna get worse. The Hell team, for example, are alive and well and, to my knowledge, Mordor is going to make with TH2 something similar to what you've made with Belzebub.

What's the point?
qualakon

Post by qualakon »

I'd be willing to take over the project. I have old Chochlik files that I'd like the source for in order to make a decent map editor. Any chances of that happening?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Sent BrightLord a PM, he doesn't visit forum anymore to reply here.
qualakon

Post by qualakon »

He's a guest now, can't PM him
Lumish

Any way to proceed.

Post by Lumish »

I can take responsibility for the code and the repository, although do not have time to actually contribute to the completion of the project at the moment, but I could help others. I have no way to get in touch with BrightLord to do so. Please advise me on how I can proceed if you have any idea.