Diablo 1 - Should I patch it first before using Belzebub?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
MikeSol

Diablo 1 - Should I patch it first before using Belzebub?

Post by MikeSol »

Is the 1.09 patch for Diablo needed for the Belzebub Diablo HD Mod to work properly?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Answer is: no.
MikeSol

Post by MikeSol »

Ok thank you. I asked because the 1.09 patch messes the colors up in Diablo for me and none of the fixes I found online for that problem works for me. So if for whatever reason I want to play normal Diablo 1, I need to leave it at v1.00

The mod itself works fine though and I am not sure I ever will go back to the normal game anyway. I love the changes the mod brings.
nottud

Post by nottud »

Can also confirm installing after patching works fine for me. (And colours get fixed)
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

The HD mod doesn't require anything else but the original diabdat.mpq from an original D1 CD, no patch, no Hellfire expansion, no anything else. But it works the same even if you have patched or the expantion or whatever, because the HD mod is a complete recode and uses just the assets (tiles, animations, various gfx, etc) of D1 but not the code of the original game.

Also for classic D1 there is an unofficial color fix patch i had used with success before http://www.strangebytes.com/index.php/p ... a-patch=60
MikeSol

Post by MikeSol »

DacianDraco, thank you for explaining how the mod works.

Also, that patch worked. I tried many fixes but obviously I missed this one. Colors are fixed in V1.09 and Hellfire. Thank you again!
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Color fix for classic d1 i available on official Diablo 1 support page.