Unable to Login into Bnet server

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
Richardc269

Unable to Login into Bnet server

Post by Richardc269 »

Okay, here's my problem: Since Windows 7 and Diablo 1 don't mix very well, I had to install a program called "Virtual Box" and install a virtual Windows XP on my computer. The game works this way. I have also opened ports in my Router for Diablo 1 @ 2, but your version of Bnet will not let me play any games, claiming the ports aren't opened, when in fact, they are. How do I fix this BS? Thanks for any info.

Edit: I have also tried this on my regular Windows 7 as well. It gives me the same ludicrous error. You might want to fix this lame ass bug, as I have the correct ports opened in my router.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Its not a bug, many people and myself have no problem with multiplayer so It must be something on your side. Probably you have not switched your firewall off (ports) or you are using some additional firewall. You can also use this as a guide: http://portforward.com/cportsnotes/batt ... tlenet.htm
Richardc269

Post by Richardc269 »

No, I do not have any firewalls turned on or even installed. When I first started using this computer 2 months ago, the first thing I did with it was turn off the stupid firewall. I think firewalls are next to completely useless.

And I already said I opened the ports in my router.

Edit: I just tried logging into Bnet with the regular Diablo on my Virtual XP machine. And it logged into Bnet without any errors at all. So no, it is not my router's problem, and I have firewalls disabled.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Try open port 6112 for both the TCP & UDP protocols.
Richardc269

Post by Richardc269 »

I did that from the start.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

It should work fine now.
Try to connect.
Richardc269

Post by Richardc269 »

It works now. Thanks.

Only thing is...no one's really in the main channel.

How do I find people on bnet? It says there's people online, in games and in channels.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

You can use commands /games and /users on battle.net channel or look at Diablo Awakening mod website (Users online/Games online)
Richardc269

Post by Richardc269 »

Cool, thanks. I'll use it when I'm online next time.