mana potions and magic items are red instead of blue

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
darkninja

mana potions and magic items are red instead of blue

Post by darkninja »

The graphic for potions of mana look exactly the same as health potion, which confuses the hell out of me. Also, magic (blue) items appear light red instead of blue. It's like the blue color doesn't exist in the game, but weird thing is that mana globe on the UI appears blue...

I dont understand why, I have tried to completely delete my diablo/tchernobog folder, reinstall diablo, reapplied patch 1.09, then copied tchernobog mod to diablo folder with DIABDAY.MPQ, still does the same.
Also, I tried to kill explorer.exe even if my colors/pixels are fine in game (sometimes it makes all pixels with weird colors with Windows 7), but still doesn't work.

I am using version 0.095 of Tchernobog alpha.

Please help someone, I have no idea what else to do...
danielson

Post by danielson »

Hi! I can't help but did you try the previous version 0.093 too? Did that work?
darkninja

Post by darkninja »

I didn't, I don't have any links to download 0.093, so I don't know.
I have also noticed that cain and the fountain in town is actually red, and (again) my mana globe is still blue.

So the issue here isn't that blue doesn't exist, it's like a specific blue color in the game is being replaced by red.
danielson

Post by danielson »

darkninja

Post by darkninja »

tried with that 0.093 version, still shows all red. I even tried a different monitor, still same result...
I just have no idea what else to do, I mean me and my brother play on same version, it doesn't do that for him.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

@darkninja you should install newest driversfor your graphic card.
darkninja

Post by darkninja »

GPU drivers were not up to date, but now I have updated them to the latest, and still same issue... I really don't understand it
darkninja

Post by darkninja »

bump...

at the same time, i have tried on a completely different computer, and it still does the same error.... my mind is officially blown
However i copied over the SAME installation, so maybe something is wrong in my installation of the mod.

Just to make sure, I install diablo, apply patch 1.09, then copy over the files from tchernobog? Thats what I did.
danielson

Post by danielson »

Both Tchernobog and Belzebub mod don't require Vanilla Diablo installation.

What's required is to copy the DIABDAT.MPQ file from the Diablo cd to your Tchrnobog or Belzebub root folder, or mount Diablo cd image\insert Diablo cd.

Though with the unnecessary installation and patching it should still work properly.