When does the game autosave?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
univie

When does the game autosave?

Post by univie »

Hi

just started the mod yesterday and find it very entertaining. Just a short question about autosave, because i couldnt find an answer.

When does it save exactly? Every x minutes? On Levelchanges (waypoint/stairs). Just want to be sure, not to lose all my progress if the game crashes.

greetings from austria
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Welcome to the forum! 8)

There is basically no more save, like in the original game, when you start playing a character all the dLVL maps regenerate, as for your character he saves everything when game closes (even when it crashes), so it remembers quest you did, items you have on you and both stashes, waypoints, etc.

There is one thing you should keep in mind, that items needed for completing quests, Tavern Sign, Black Musroom, Anvil of Fury, etc will be deleted if you switch difficulties, for ex: play and get them on Nightmare difficulty and then with the same character start a game in Normal, they will be gone.
univie

Post by univie »

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

The part about saving even when it crashes was the part I reallywanted to know.

bye

[/quote]
willow75

Post by willow75 »

here is basically no more save, like in the original game, when you start playing a character all the dLVL maps regenerate, as for your character he saves everything when game closes (even when it crashes), so it remembers quest you did, items you have on you and both stashes, waypoints, etc.
In the original game, there is a manually save system.

Diablo 1 HD is like diablo2 save system, not diablo1