I'm New Here

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Don't forget that with crafting, set armor and set weapons can be upgraded.
I still have not found UPGRADE SET WEAPON
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

I haven't seen any set items since Normal mode. And the ones that I got were too weak. The RNG is just being rotten to me, I still can't even get a better belt. The ones that I can craft are still garbage compared to the ones that drop. Plus I have a metric ton of mats from all the farming I've been doing, but have no way to use them since the recipes won't drop.

Bumping this:
Question on item level settings in shops and dungeons. Are they increased for each floor you make it to, or are they put at a set amount based on difficulty only?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

We just don't know for sure. We see they get better with each dungeon level and higher difficulty, but character level may play a role too.

PS: With about 100-150 Magic Find i usually get 2 uniq/set items per dLVL.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

I've been running into a problem with Hell mode on floor 15, the Magistrates that spawn in there keep glitching out. They spawn with near-instant kill charged bolts, and when I find an elite the game crashes.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I know they do crazy dmg, especially in melee because so many bolts hit you all at once, i usually approach them in a circle and use the walls to hide a lot, but it never crashed on me. This might be video issue, what resolution are u using and is what is the fps setting? Might want to state the hardware and OS too, maybe the devs will get a clue about the issue.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

I don't think it's a resolution issue, the crash only happens when I spot a unique Magistrate on floor 15.

The odd part is, I found them on floor 14, and they weren't doing as much damage. But when I get to floor 15, they nearly 2-shot me.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

Any tips on how to pass level 17 as a Sorcerer on Hell mode? Half the enemies in that place are immune to all elements, and the unique mobs are immune to all elements (including physical due to the Behemoth affix giving so much HP).
Last edited by EnkerZan on 06 Nov, 2015 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Use Teleport to agro as many as you can somewhere, die so they clump over your body, and you can use Elemental Drain + Chain Lightning to take out a lot of them easy. And Behemoth doesn't make them immune to physical, it gives them a lot of Defense and Life, for heavy armored ones (knights, overlords, etc) it's most effective, because they already have a lot of Life and Defense, for others it's not as much of a problem.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

Elemental Drain barely does anything to unique mobs with immunity to all elements... And I am not liking this overly long cooldown for it either.

I'm just gonna stop playing this hero for a while. I'm pretty sure this is a gear issue yet again, and it's getting on my nerves.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Elemental Drain should be around 50% by now if you invested solely in Magic and this is without the - enemy resistance on staff, which is easily another 10-20 depending on roll, it's not full damage but it's more than enough, and come on you can't say the 2.5 min cooldown is "overly long" when you have 1 hour to beat Diablo, at most you use it 2 times on a uniq enemy, and there are 4-6 (i don't remember) in the room, excluding the 4 generals. Also Sorcerer is the least gear dependent character, so if you can't finish Hell with him, i dunno, maybe you just don't want to do it, because i refuse to think anyone can be bad at it considering how his playstyle is a cake compared to other characters, maybe excluding the Necromancer which is also a spellcaster, thou he is slower, whatever. By this time i guess this is just not a game you can finish on hard difficulty, thou i encourage you to man up and do it!
daiy

Post by daiy »

I just tried my first time at 17f Hell difficulty. I'm also playing a sorc, currently level 40. Wearing Harridan's set and some rare jewels/belt I probably farmed from Hell Lost Treasure quest.

I didn't quite make it with enough time to fight Diablo, but I did a lot better than I was expecting to and came really close. I think you just need to change your tactics up man, it wasn't really overly difficult (to get to Diablo at least, I haven't tried to fight him yet). And it's the end of Hell, it's supposed to be hard.

I think you just need to change your tactics up. I'd never really used Meteor before but it was my best friend down there against all the immunes (it does a decent amount of physical damage). I kept Meteor on LMB. RMB I switched between tele/apoc/blizzard/guardian/chainlightning depending on situation. While most of the mobs down there are Lightning immune, gathering up a bunch of them and then using Elemental Drain and CL really works wonders (as someone else mentioned already). I also keep a staff on switch with -15% enemy lightning resistance for when I do that, they're not very hard to find.

Make sure your golem always stays up. GL.

PS, if you need gear, throw on whatever magic find stuff you have and farm Lost Treasure quest. Don't kill anything, just teleport straight to the chests at the end of the first cave. They drop a good amount of sets and uniques (and tons of rares) with a bit of MF and each run only takes a minute or two.

PPS, Not sure if you knew already but Elemental Drain won't break immunities for that element for uniques that are Lightning Enchanted, Fire Enchanted, etc.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

Wearing Harridan's set and some rare jewels/belt
Better gear than me, I'm all yellows at level 43, nothing will fucking drop. I still haven't seen a set piece drop since Nightmare Catacombs. And my magic find is pretty decent. What you see in the previous page hasn't really changes except some added levels to Blizzard.
Elemental Drain should be around 50% by now if you invested solely in Magic and this is without the - enemy resistance on staff, which is easily another 10-20 depending on roll, it's not full damage but it's more than enough, and come on you can't say the 2.5 min cooldown is "overly long" when you have 1 hour to beat Diablo
I have tested this out. I used a -20% lightning resist staff with 25% spell power and then used the Elemental Drain, it didn't hurt the enemy that was Lightning enchanted. And the enemy that was naturally immune to it took a while to die.

And yes, the cooldown is overly long. I run into a unique mob at least every 30 seconds, not just in Diablo's area. I have also been dumping all of my hard points into MAG only, which is what you are supposed to do as a Sorcerer.

So again, it comes down to set items governing your performance in the Hell mode+. The post after yours and the 2 PMs I got confirm that at this point. If you think the game is as easy as you claim, then post a video of you wearing similar gear and beat Hell mode as a Sorceror.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

If you won't beat it even with Harridan's set (not too good now anyway) what will you do?

No matter what you come up with the Sorcerer is one of the (or the) easiest character to play, and if you don't believe me i don't really care, but maybe you want to check this pool to see he is way ahead in preference: http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/viewtopic.php?t=762
Or look at what type of gear this guy has and beaten Torment: http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/diablo-on-t ... -t573.html
Still think you need some sets, and the gear you have is bad, and the Sorcerer is no good?

You can also search the forum and see if anyone else, in 1+ years, has had as many "problems" as you, then maybe you will realize it's not the game that is hard/unfair/unbalanced/bad/etc it's more you than anything. As for me i've already beaten Hell with Sorcerer at cLVL 41, just with rares, not even crafts because i don't have the 2 upper half recipe sets (you can see they're not in the docs), and i am not the only one that has done this. Also not that i needed to prove anything, but since i make backups after finishing a difficulty level, i have checked what i used, which is not too far off from what you have, no sets/uniqs or top rare/craft gear. I'm not gonna bother showing it cause it won't change anything for you.

PS: :lol: So funny when you said "unique mob at least every 30 seconds..." Really? I'd like to see this dungeon level that has 60+ uniq mobs, that don't drop any uniq/sets/good gear. You sure like to exaggerate.
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

Im now almost lvl 54 again with my sorceror and the only two unique items he wears are skulldder (for mf) and arachnid mesh. I play down to dlvl 16 torment. And even if i wouldnt have the two uniques it would still be possible to beat gorment with only rare items aon mage. U just need -res staffs like dacian draco said. -res staffs of all elements then you can kill almost anything.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

Still think you need some sets, and the gear you have is bad, and the Sorcerer is no good?
OK now you are just putting words in my mouth.

I never said the Sorcerer wasn't good, where the hell did you even get that from?

I asked you to show me you beating hell mode with yellow gear, because all that gear that I have, isn't killing shit very well. So you obviously know something that I don't or are better than me. If so, then show me. And yes I do run into unique mobs that frequently, it is not an exaggeration, in fact I run into them more frequently in the Hell areas compared to the rest. And most often than not, I cannot kill them because they are packing 3 or more immunities, which isn't helping my loot hunt.
U just need -res staffs like dacian draco said. -res staffs of all elements then you can kill almost anything.
Easier said than done, if I had such a weapon capable of piercing all elements, I wouldn't be having as much of an issue. But this problem still remains: Why is it when a unique mob has an affix pertaining to a certain element, they ignore the elemental penetration? You'd think with 45% lightning penetration against a mob with lightning enchanted, it would die pretty fast. Nope, didn't scratch it. And that right there is the issue that I am frequently running across.

Like I said before, I am taking a break from this Sorcerer since I am not getting the gear I need. The Barbarian is getting a lot farther now since the Sorcerer found him a slew of upgrades. And the real sad part about all of this, is that I found more gear upgrades for every single class EXCEPT the Sorcerer. Story of my life.