I'm New Here

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
EnkerZan

I'm New Here

Post by EnkerZan »

Hello everyone, I recently stumbled upon this HD mod of yours. I must say I am very impressed with what I see, you managed to take the best things from Diablo 2, Back To Hellfire, and The Hell and made them better. I was playing The Hell for a while, but after a certain update came up with Battle Lock mechanics. I quickly became aggravated and quit the game for good til it's gone, it broke the game's balance for me and drove me nuts...

Anyways, I did have a few questions I hope you all can answer here:

1. I assume the Beelzebub version is the single player version, and the Tchernobog version is for Multiplayer. Is this correct?

2. I have Diablo + Hellfire installed where the MOD now sits, and I noticed the Monk class isn't there, was he replaced with 1 of your new classes? Or did I mess something up? I also do not see any of the Hellfire level content as well.

3. I like how there is further information on your character sheet regarding damage and defense and what not, but is there a way to provide further details on what things do when you mouse over them? Like hovering your pointer over STR and have it tell you what the stat modifies for your class? If there isn't a way currently, I strongly recommend you add that feature.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

1. Yes.
2. Belzebub is for Diablo not Hellfire.
danielson

Post by danielson »

What you need to know is on this page and also the multiplayer section. (the installation is the same for Tchernobog)
There's a Belzebub documentation made by DacianDraco and being updatd from time to time.

Search and read topics and comments on forum first.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

What you need to know is on Belzebub documentation.
FTFY
Search and read topics and comments on forum first.
First off, I have read that entire documentation before posting here. Secondly, that documentation does not answer any of my questions. Third, that documentation is still incomplete according to the posts that I read prior to posting this. Lastly, if that documentation is supposed to be the go-to source for information, then why isn't that topic stickied?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being the 1000th registered member, there is no prize just applause for you. :D

1. This project (what users call HD mod) has a beta (named Belzebub) that is just SP and was released for us to test everything, now it's closed and basically complete, so it won't change and that's why i'm doing documentation for it. Besides this there is an alpha (named Tchernobog) that is SP and MP (i believe because MP couldn't have been implemented in Belzebub without a wipe) but it's in a very early stage and i haven't had time to play it more than fun, but once progress advances on it (or even if it doesn't) i'll test and make docs for it as well, it's just that right now i'll focus on completing the Belzebub docs thou i really lack time and energy at the end of the day.

2. It is mentioned in the docs (introduction/overview) that this mod is for Diablo only, there is no Hellfire, and the FAQ page also points out you need to install just Diablo 1, so Hellfire is redundant. BrightLord said sometime he might do something with Hellfire content but we don't really know what's gonna happen, development is currently suspended.

3. Character classes benefit differently from attributes, and i am figuring out exactly this for the next docs update, i've leveled characters and tested how attributes enhance other stats and each skill for all classes, except for the Assassin because i haven't had time to level one in the past weeks. Right now i have almost 1000 screenshots that take up over 4GB of space, so lots of data and after i'll analyze it all the Character pages will hold complete info about everything. I don't believe it's vital to show ingame how they affect stats, i'd like 100 other more important things to be done first.

And it's not a sticky topic because it's not official, it's just my labor of love because i've enjoyed many hours playing and i wanted to give back something, it started as a plain txt in which i scribbled various info and then i one day i decided to do everything i could, because no one did it, and sure it is going at a snail's pace but it will be completed (seriously) and after it is i hope the devs will find time to look over it and point out what is wrong or missing. And don't take it too hard, but your questions have been asked before and answered a few times, but it's ok by me cause it's usually what new players do. Actually i am happy ppl show interest and join the community and i'll gladly answer, also i am thinking of doing a tips and tricks topic as well (anyone can contribute) for future reference, but time is a big problem for me right now so i'll put it off and just help players directly as i can on forum.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

And it's not a sticky topic because it's not official
Regardless if it's unofficial or not, it should be stickied since there is no other source like it.

Anyways, I seem to have run into a brick wall that is Doomlord Gam'ar. My level 28 Barbarian keeps getting killed in 1-2 hits from him. I have near-max resists, 105 armor, 365 HP, and over 300 DPS with highest attack speed. Any tips on how to get passed him?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Yeah, he is the toughest of the 4 generals you have to face before Diablo. Magic is his element so unfortunately he is immune to Bone Spirit and Flash (this one helps melee build when surrounded), and because he's a story boss Stone Curse also doesn't work on him. Basically you need max magic resistance, as much "- Damage Taken From Enemies" as you can and some life leach, about 5-10% and he shouldn't be a problem. Higher Armor Class also helps to not get into hit recovery and interrupt your attacks, but at this stage you don't really need Faster Hit Recovery, because Frenzy increases your speed enough. But if you have it's all good thou i'd look for jewelry that also has DEX to help with DMG, AC, and % to Hit instead of Faster Hit Recovery.

Buff with InnerFire/Rage (also Sacrifice/Insanity if you are resistant enough and have plenty of life leech) an use Frenzy on LMB until you get the max hits and then spam Cleave on RMB with an occasional Frenzy to keep the timer up. His Balgor minions are annoying but also serve as leach targets so switch to them to not get overwhelmed, if you do and it's too much just teleport over the wall so you'd be in the middle of the path, between the rooms if you know what i mean. Doomlord Gam'ar's AI is a bit smarter and will follow you there even if the doesn't have sight of you, but his minions will stay in the room and you can buff again and wait for him at the corner and just hit air until he gets into your hit square.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

I pretty much have/do what you suggested, but I think my gear could be better, and that's why I can't get passed him. But the RNG has been rather unkind to me, and I can't seem to find better than what I got. I may just have to grind to 30 or something to get the better stuff to appear on the shop list. Full plate Mail just now started to appear in the shops, but only as white grade gear.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

By now, you should be able to craft some armor and weapons.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

By now, you should be able to craft some armor and weapons.
I have found a bunch of recipes, but none of them are for Barbarians. -.-

I did manage to get passed him, but only because I dumped 15k gold into elixers... And then I fought Bloodlord The Destroyer... Yeah, he wrecked me multiple times too. He has frenzy + teleport, and I could not keep him off of me. As soon as he got 2 swings in on me, I was dead because I was stun locked, that is so cheap...
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Any class can use crafted items from any other class as long as the attribute requirements are met. So, feel free to use Warrior or Assassin crafts to equip your Barbarian.

For fast opponents, you have to have an even faster weapon and items with hit recovery. Weapons with knockback or cold damage can slow them down also. Barbarians really need items with HP leach and critical damage.

Farm upper levels and level up. You will get there. First character is the most difficult to advance. Once you have a high level powerful character or any class, the hand me down items to the rest of your characters makes it easy to progress quickly with great equipment.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I feel the Assassin has the best recipes for any Melee classes, i focus mostly on jewelry when crafting, because it gives space to try different uniq items/sets. And if you can get some Hit Recovery, Life Leech, All Attributes, 80+ life then i feel the craft is nearly perfect, but i'm thinking endgame more so disregard.

Here the 1st set of recipes are kinda week and ingredients are scarce so i feel a better strategy helps more than better gear. If you can take down Doomlord Gam'ar then Bloodlord The Destroyer should't be a problem, his attack speed increases with multiple hits (but has no timer like Barbarian/Assassin) so just walk and don't let yourself get hit, and cast some Bone Spirits while moving, he doesn't Teleport on you if you aren't farther than 2 squares, so you can walk, cast 1 Bone Spirit, walk, he hits the space you were in and so on, you can even throw a Golem once every 10 sec so he can take 1-2 hits before he's destroyed, but don't move too far away (so he doesn't Teleport), and just use the Golem's distraction time to cast a few more Bone Spirits. When his health is low, below 1/4, buff and melee him.

And for a Barbarian the STR elixir is a must in tough fights, DEX and VIT are also good, MAG is just meh, so keep them when you find them, they appear from Caves up (actually since Arcane Sanctuary but are a rare drop, and Potions don't spawn on the ground here).
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

How effective is Magic Find in this MOD? The RNG is still being rather cruel to me, and was thinking of farming lvl 13 over and over til stuff I need drops if MF helps with that. I only have like 6 recipes, all but 1 are for spell casters. The other is an Assassin Chest Armor which does me no good since it wants leather armor according to the recipe.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I've had ok results even with 60-80% Magic Find, meaning finding some uniq/set items and more Rare items, but with higher amounts like 150-200% i've noticed that the roll is better, meaning you get the high end of stats range more often.
EnkerZan

Post by EnkerZan »

After using MF gear, it made a huge difference in the drops, and it even worked on lootable objects as well.

What makes me laugh is that all the stuff it gave me is best suited for a Warrior, so guess what I did? I made a Warrior.

I'm using this guy to farm the hell area for items now, since he is packing 100%+ and has little trouble killing things.