Diablo 1 HD Belzebub Documentation V3.0 (UPDATED, 21.01)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Keighn

Post by Keighn »

You have every item?. Wow.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Yeah, except 1 uniq amulet, 1 uniq ring, 1 uniq belt and 1 uniq armor, the ones that don't have pics in docs. But i don't need them for this since i'm interested in weapon speeds.
Keighn

Post by Keighn »

Any news on an update?

I've moved IRL so haven't had much time to play. God corpus christi is friggin humid.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

It's not planned in the near future, the docs already has a lot of info, more than one would really need. Currently i'm playing other games but once i feel like replaying Belzebub i'll do an update with other stuff, possibly the bestiary and spells, i don't know what else is left that i could do on my own.
Keighn

Post by Keighn »

Besides those it's relatively complete. For mobs I just record names of where I find them. I don't have a clue to their full stats and I'm not all that motivated to find out. I just guess for the most part.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Most uniq bosses' names are generated randomly, there are maybe 10-15 exceptions that have uniq name and some special thing about them (except quest bosses). As for their stats, it's hard to tell, maybe i'll put a rough idea about those special ones that are immune, even if their normal equivalent is not immune, and they are not enchanted. It will be incomplete because i can't generate them and on different difficulties their resistance stats increase. I'll try my best anyway, as for the regular monsters it can be done, it's just that i don't feel like loading so many games so that each monster type appears i can read their stats, which are different for each difficulty. But once i replay the game i'll put them down.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

Do classes have bonuses/de-bonuses for wielding/wearing specific armors/weapons?

EDIT:
Damage scaling via STR and DEX arent as the docs mention.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Yes. From what i noticed different weapon types have some hidden STR or DEX modifier, it depends on character class, like weapon speeds. But i don't know about armors thou, from what i remember there was something about physical resistance but it may just be linked to AC in general, not characters in particular. Info on character page is about points spent when character is naked, without other modifiers from items, but i did add info on softpoints for life and mana for characters that have different gains based on points spent and points from gear.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

So basically there is no info whether classes get bonus from specific armor/weapon types.

---

It says 1 point to STR = +0.18 physical damge for Barbarian. That means that 6 points to STR should give you 1 damage. But it doesnt.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I checked again, and i believe it's 0.22 physical dmg per STR or DEX point. Is that correct? If not tell me what you got and how.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

Man if it was 0.22 dmg per STR then it would be even easier to get STR but i told you i spent more than 6 points to STR and i dont get any STR.
Either you and i dont communicate or dunno what :D
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Well, i can only check my character, and the Barbarian i had leveled for testing purposes long ago is clvl 44, his dmg is 13-13, as per the "+0.3 Physical Damage (only at levels 4 to 60, levels 1 to 3 make up 1-1 innate damage)" there are screenshots for each level gained a couple of pages back in this topic, so this can be checked by anyone that wants to and validated.

So now for about each 9 points spent into STR it gain roughly 2 dmg, the thing is he gets 0.(3) dmg per clvl and 0.(2) dmg per STR point and the game displays the numbers as rounded up for when it's XX.9 and above but it remembers the exact value when adding up, that's why sometimes it increases by 1 dmg at 4 points into STR and sometime by 1 dmg at 5 points into STR. Anyway he has the innate 40 STR, and see that at:
40+ 4 STR his dmg turns 14
40+ 9 STR his dmg turns 15
40+ 13 STR his dmg turns 16
40+ 18 STR his dmg turns 17
40+236 STR his dmg turns 65
40+240 STR his dmg turns 66
40+245 STR his dmg turns 67
40+250 STR his dmg turns 68

If this is not correct then tell me how it is for you and what you noticed, what clvl are you, how many points did you spend, when did it increase, etc. Don't just repeat that it doesn't, because i want to understand how and get it right if i am wrong.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

I cant say that i fully understand the formula you describe but i can tell u some facts of mine and you draw conclusions.

Right now im lvl 10. I had 55 STR and i had 15 spare points so i increased by STR from 55 to 70. What happened?

My dmg without weapon was 4-4 and left 4-4 (nothing changed).
My dmg with weapon (Axe) was 9-24 and left 9-24 (nothing changed).
My Critical dmg from 120% went up to 128%. So Crit. Dmg scaled as mentioned in the docs.
I even restarted the game to make sure it didnt bug....
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

It's odd, i don't really know what to make of this if it doesn't increase at all for you, innate dmg can't stay the same with adding points in STR it would mean it doesn't matter, just the % crit dmg increase is too low to account for the increase in dmg of your character, i think it may be just a display bug.

Please keep looking while you add points into STR and let me know when it increases, you can add all of them into STR since this is what the Barbarian's skills need. Or if you really want to spend points in DEX it's the same effect, innate dmg should increase by the same value, but it's best just to increase STR. There is no need to worry about % To Hit from DEX because all skills that will replace your normal attack add % To Hit, and you'll find this affix on rings and weapons in much higher quantities than what you'd get from spending points into DEX.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I need a couple of pics for some uniq items that i am missing, they will be used for uniq page here on site. These are:

Band of Elements (ring)
Seraph's Asylum (ancient plate)

So if you have them please screenshot them and post them her like this, on black background so i can crop them out easily. Also state their STR/DEX requirements and level required.