Suggestion: creating "how to get started" article

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Miacis

Suggestion: creating "how to get started" article

Post by Miacis »

The project was startet quite long ago, and still no article for newcomers - that's somewhat bad. I suggest making one since it is really simple thing to do and will not only help new players to get in, but save people's time which they would have spent asking and answering questions (I guess people here may be tired of answering all same things again and again and again :D). Thus, if we make good and understandable article, that would help everyone a lot!
As a new player to Tchernobog, I found myself in trouble setting mode up properly, and I think that other new players probably (most likely) are having same situation.

So this is the basics of the article (although we're calling it 'Article', I believe it won't be that huge):
  • - Version of game used for mod (at the moment of writing this, I myself have no idea which one it is)
    - Way of installing mod on the game (just copy files into Diablo folder orr whatever it needs)
    - Any special requirements (list if it is needed to already have Belzebub before installing Tchernobog or use clean game instead)
    - Article also could use some downloading and/or support links (game itself, mod, etc)
And of course, the very first place where article should be posted if it is ever done, it's official mode site's page.

Hope moderators will find it useful :)

PS: as a new player, still looking for those answers on questions listed: which patch of Diablo used and do I need to install Belzebub first.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

which patch of Diablo used
None. :)
danielson

Post by danielson »

This is the original site: http://diablo1.ovh.org/hd/

You can find the answers for all those basics of that article at the "Features" tab. It is correct for not just Belzebub but Tchernobog mod too.

Though I was mistaken at first at the "Installation" part: "In order to run mod, copy all files from archive to Diablo 1 game folder." - can also mean that you have to have the clean Diablo 1 installed, but that's not the case... just create a folder named whatever (e.g. Diablo 1 Tchernobog), copy/extract all files from Tchernobog archive into that and follow the rest instructions of the "Installation" part.

Tchernobog mod does not require Belzebub mod to have installed (extracted), they are independent.