Hardcore mode?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
UnderTheSign

Hardcore mode?

Post by UnderTheSign »

Will there be a HC mode futurely?
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Don't count on it.
MedianXL/Belzebub fanatic
NLeslie

Post by NLeslie »

Brother,Are u kidding me? Elite monster who can file?
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

Just delete your character if you die - there you have your hc mode ;)
KuroNeko

Post by KuroNeko »

"Just delete your character if you die - there you have your hc mode"

People with these kind of reply really doesn´t understand meaning of playing hardcore character at all. There are some arpg with no hc mod and i have played with friends and we always delete characters after death. It´s just doesn´t have the same feeling.

That´s why we rather play Diablo 3 than games like TQ, because of hardcore.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Yes, that's right, I don't understand the difference between HC mode and deleting/never playing again such char. If you're sincere with yourself then deleting your char after death should give you same feeling.
KuroNeko

Post by KuroNeko »

But it doesn´t. Dying in hc gives much more emotion than just deleting your character after you die. "oh shit i just die, well lets delete character".

And in multiplayer you can never be 100% sure whether others will really delete their characters after dead. 100% kills the mood.

Anyway, its not nothing off from gamers who prefer normal mode. But if developers add hc mode in future, i would be in 7th heaven.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

This may be a method for HC mode.

First, you need to level up a character of each class to a high level, maybe level 50. Long time players here could recommend stat point allocations for each class.

2. Fully equip character with non-magic items according to class. Add an assortment of special items that would be useful starting out. Give the character enough gold to purchase potions and shop items, maybe 50,000 gold.

3. Feel free to share items from your other regular characters using the Stash Box

4. Go to the HC character file in the game directory and make the file READ ONLY. This should make the character start out the same each new game. It will also never save any items added to the character box.

5. Play HC characters and enjoy the game. If you find good items, put them in the share box to share with other players/characters or to use later.

Someone had once shared a blank character named WAR on this forum. That would be a good place to test out this idea.

Comments anyone?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I downloaded the shared warrior character WAR, your new friend. 60 level warrior.

Renamed to save20.chr
Loaded game and equipped an assortment of non-magic items. 50,000 gold. Page of potions and scrolls.
Exit game. Go back to PLAYER-SAVE directory and right click save20.chr and set attribute Read-Only Apply OK.
Reload game and WAR character. Items ready to begin. Allocate stats as you want to play this reincarnation of WAR. Equip for battle. Start first quest.
Take gold and buy any items from shops that may be available. Play on.
WAR has no spells and starts on Normal mode. I was able to buy low level mag weapon and armor from shop.
In first play, was able to sweep through several levels before I got bored. Let myself get killed by the Butcher.
Start new game and reincarnate WAR. Back to the beginning. Read-Only prevents changes to be saved to the character. Anything stored in the shared box is still there.
Only problem is that there is no access to higher difficulty levels until Diablo is defeated in each.