Belzebub translation

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
neoborg

Belzebub translation

Post by neoborg »

hi guys. i want to translate it into russian.
can someone write here a full manual for how to do it?

and please don't tell me to contact the "main dude", coz it is stupid to get manual only from him. i've tried already, after sending it says
"FOLDER PHPMAILER_V5.1 DOES NOT EXIST INSIDE FOLDER PLUGINS OR FILE CLASS.PHPMAILER.PHP IS MISSING"
what the hell is it? whatever. and i'm not sure if it sent or not.
Martim

Post by Martim »

Hello. If you contact noktis from the mod site he can send you the files to translate, but I think the game doesn't support Russian letters, not sure.
Mnemozin

Post by Mnemozin »

http://forum.diablo1.ru/index.php?showtopic=3680
Тут должна быть нужная инфа.

Martim, i'm pretty sure that implementing russian fonts wouldn't be hard, since game is already translated in many different languages.

The problem with translation the game like Diablo in another language(especially slavic language) is that you simply cannot do it good enough. Names and properties of items and monsters would be too bulky and unreadable because language structure is different. Don't forget lots of long adjectives, by the way.
Although, i'm talking mosltly about Diablo II rather than Diablo 1. This game supposed to have less/simplier mechanics, so i dunno. Maybe i'm wrong :D
Martim

Post by Martim »

I'm not sure about Russian letters, but for Portuguese I had to change special letters like é, ã, ç etc into common letters, because the game doesn't currently support these kind of letters. Maybe Noktis or Brightlord could answer about Russian letters.

And another thing: for now it's only possible to translate the speech texts, not menu, items etc.
And not to forget: as I read here before, the entire game "codes" and "mechanics" were rebuilt for Diablo HD, they are not using the original game coding.
Mnemozin

Post by Mnemozin »

And another thing: for now it's only possible to translate the speech texts, not menu, items etc.
Why would you even bother with translation then? :|
Martim

Post by Martim »

Well, I don't know, i didn't realized that was the main purpose of the translation. Even though it's nice to read and understand the quests, what villagers have to say about them, it gives a nice touch to it.
neoborg

Post by neoborg »

http://forum.diablo1.ru/index.php?showtopic=3680
Тут должна быть нужная инфа.

Grasias amigo.
там из полезного это нужные текстовые файлы для перевода. норм.

там такие фразы странные, типа "Griswold can't sell his anvil. What will he do then? And I'd be angry too if someone took my anvil!"
где это было?
Mnemozin

Post by Mnemozin »

Скорее всего "Gossip" одного из горожан. В зависимости от твоего прогресса, диалоги у них меняются.
neoborg

Post by neoborg »

а, ну да. я с ними особо не госсипил.
это одна из фраз того бомжа

если переведу, куда потом кидать?
Ivaan

Post by Ivaan »

Можно оставить на этой ветке, можно кинуть на ветку diablo1.ru. Найдём в любом случае. Успехов!
Dangluh

Post by Dangluh »

Перевод на русский язык происходит здесь:
http://notabenoid.org

можно участвуем и поможем перевести на русский

neoborg, ты молодец :)
Last edited by Dangluh on 02 Apr, 2016 9:55, edited 1 time in total.
Ivaan

Post by Ivaan »

Вход только для членов клуба.
Ural

Post by Ural »

Так и насколько продвинулся перевод? Или всё забросили?