Crashing

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Gloc

Crashing

Post by Gloc »

I am running v0.93 and experience crashes every 3minutes. I am running a lv35 sorc and literally cannot fully clear 1 level before the game crashes. Is anybody else experiencing this?

I've tested the alpha since it was originally released and just copied the files over the old, should i delete everything and reinstall it?
radicool

Post by radicool »

I am running v0.93 and experience crashes every 3minutes. I am running a lv35 sorc and literally cannot fully clear 1 level before the game crashes.
What are you doing the game crashes? Does it only happen in level 1 dungeon when fighting? Is it crashing only in Nightmare mode?

A bit more information could be useful.
danielson

Post by danielson »

On Normal difficulty it crashed only once for my Necromancer.

It's true that on Nightmare\Hell difficulty the game crashes at random rate:

On Cathedral level 1-4 happens the crashes most often, and then so on as you go up on the levels the less the chance the crash will happen - is what I experienced (though today I played on multiplayer with others and 2 times it crashed in the Caves level 10 on Hell difficulty pretty early and this I experienced in the past too...).

The summons of the Necromancer not always influence the game crashes (e.g. on Cathedral 1-4 with Barbarian\Rogue the game crashed for me after the same time amount that I played with Necromancer with 10 skeletons there)

There is a Bug Tracker where you can check the bugs\errors\etc that the players report (the crash bugs so far: "Game froze" and "Game Crash").
Gloc

Post by Gloc »

Leveling up a lv35 sorc in Hell Lv 6-8, but really I've noticed it crashing even when I'm on a 27 rogue in Nightmare lv1-4.

can this deal with my golem getting mass raped?
danielson

Post by danielson »

Yes. When the golem dies it has a high chance that it will crash the game (I already mentioned it on the Bug Tracker).