Cant connect with Mate

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Stahlhagel

Cant connect with Mate

Post by Stahlhagel »

Hey there,

so we have a problem with the IP connecting to a mates created game.

We have ports from Tunngle and Diablo open in the Router portforwarding.

We have no firewall or Antivir programm that block the network.

We use the virtual IP from Tunngle to connect over Diablo.

We test it with ower own IP like "Howismyip" but this IP is one point to long for Diablo ingame. Allways is the "ok" Button "grey" and we cant push that button. we have no idea whats wrong. can anyone help us? Thanks
Constance

Post by Constance »

Hey there .o/

Well you shouldn't need Tunngle if you did the port forwarding right from your router, just have your friend connect to your public IP (or the other way around if he's the one who did the port forwarding towards his computer).
Also, make sure incoming traffic is allowed for Tchernobog.exe on said port in your firewall.
danielson

Post by danielson »

To play together is so much fun, even with the bugs and crashes!!!
Hey there .o/

Well you shouldn't need Tunngle if you did the port forwarding right from your router, just have your friend connect to your public IP (or the other way around if he's the one who did the port forwarding towards his computer).
Also, make sure incoming traffic is allowed for Tchernobog.exe on said port in your firewall.
Constance, did you try that method?
Constance

Post by Constance »

I actually didn't find anyone to try it with, but know just enough about networking to be sure of what I'm saying (that is, you don't need Tunngle or any VPN-like software as long as you did the port forwarding right).
Martim

Post by Martim »

@Stahlhagel
I met you on awakening mod room in tunngle, but you had an red "X" on your nick and the message "couldn't connect with player".
That thing about the grey "ok" button also happend to me, we both restarted tunngle and tried again and it worked. Don't know exactily why, but it seems that you have to write the ip and wait a bit. See if that works for you, too.
Teriodis

Post by Teriodis »

The Problem was the Setup.exe (c:/User/Documents/Diablo 1 Tchernobog/Settings)

if we couldn`t join together we closed Technobog and delte the Setup.exe and started the Technobog again. Than we can join together.

Me and Stalhagel think it was a problem with the higher Resultion.

I dont understand it but it works.

greetings

Teriodis