Hellfire quests

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Barbie

Hellfire quests

Post by Barbie »

Hi, I only now realize that the mod actually doesn't have any of the Hellfire mods, yet it does have the barbarian etc.

After finishing the 'Normal' difficulty, what kind of things can I expect from gear drops etc? Is it an endless grind, or is it just the plain Diablo 1 with the same items.

I don't remember everything so well from when I was 12 and playing D1 ;)
MedianXL/Belzebub fanatic
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Levels are much more challenging. Drops are heavier with better items in general. Quests are the same, but with different random unique items. Find complete set items and run a few levels for something different. You will probably end up equipping your char with crafted items. Luck of the draw, keep crafting until you get something awesome.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Maybe sometime way down the road, Hellfire levels can be added to this mod. I don't even know if it is possible.
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

BrightLord don't add "Hellfire" levels in "Tchernobog", because "Hellfire" is not authorized expansion to "Diablo"!
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Ah, that clears things up :) thanks.

The HD mod is just so incredibly good, I can't go back to smallscreen Diablo anymore :twisted: Guess I'll never play Hellfire again.
Martim

Post by Martim »

Althought the quests of hellfire expansion won't be added, Brightlord once said that he intends to use some of hellfire's extras things in the future. I don't know exactaly what he will be using, but maybe some monsters or the scenarios.
But he said this would happen in a very distant future.
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

BrightLord don't add "Hellfire" levels in "Tchernobog", because "Hellfire" is not authorized expansion to "Diablo"!
I don't understand how that by itself would be a problem, could you please elaborate?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Maybe someday we will see Hellfire tilesets but not quests.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Cool, thanks for your reastion Noktis.

I am not Polish, so I hope I write this correctly from memory:
Dozobaczenia :)
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

Why not the quests, and how does this relate to Hellfire not being "official" (whatever that means) expansion?
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

Blizzard Entertainment maked "Diablo", but don't maked "Hellfire". "Hellfire" created Sierra. Here is informations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo:_Hellfire
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hellfire was made by Synergistic Software, not Sierra and it's authorized expansion.
Diablo was made by Blizzard North, not by Blizzard Entertainment :)
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Those were the days... Together with Fallout 1 and 2... Oh man. Games were so inventive back in the days.

What ever happened to 'form follows function'?

Nowadays games are mostly flashy, but intuitive play? No way. Suck my balls they say. Even Pillars of Eternity... Man, I totally get annoyed when playing that piece of........

Anyway, I'm out to beat some more spawns from the underworld!
And afterwards maybe a bit of Dungeon Keeper 2, just because I can ;)
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

Hellfire was made by Synergistic Software, not Sierra and it's authorized expansion.
Diablo was made by Blizzard North, not by Blizzard Entertainment
OK, true :P
Martim

Post by Martim »

@PeterN
About the Hellfire quests, people were discussing a while back about why not including them. And the conclusion was that the stories of the quests has little, or nothing to do with Diablo.
At first, I was thinking like you: "why not?" But after some time thinking about those quests: finding a little girl's ted bear, finding a cow costume for some wierd guy, will surely not enrich the game's story. Although it is an authorized expansion, it is very poor compared to the original game quests. Even na-krul seems a little off, although it's the best quest of the expansion.