Bugs

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Conventicle

Bugs

Post by Conventicle »

Thought I would make a thread for the bugs I have found so far playing this game. Feel free to respond with ones you guys have found too!

As of April 14th:
-Game crash when using heal scroll without enough mana
-Quests don't seem to work well, level 4 catacombs opened the chest to get the tavern sign and it did not drop, also snotwhatever pruple carver dude did not talk to me
-One time I got to 0 HP and somehow stayed alive, I was completely overrun by enemies but then at 0 HP I was invincible. My killing spree ended when I went to a new level and the 0 HP registered.
-Hard to get through doors when there is a room full of enemies inside
-Try to click on Pepin from far away to make my character walk up and talk to him, but my character just stays still. I have to walk to the space next to him and then click on him in order to communicate. I'm using a warrior with cleave as my left click attack, that might have something to do with the stalling through doors and this.
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

Yes, there are some bugs, I noticed. BrightLord told us to be patient, since it's not the time to fix them now, because he's engaged in another project (and I wish him the best).

As for quests, BrightLord stated that the quest system is not implemented yet (take a look at the Readme.txt). An example is when you go to level 4 , as you said, or level 5 : you will find the Arkaine's room with the bloodstones, but you are not able to insert the stones into the pedestal nor to read the book.
Let's be patient for now , and let's have a taste of this wonderful mod playing via lan and via inernet :)
LGND24

Another bug crash

Post by LGND24 »

Found this one. I recognize it won't be fixed anytime soon, but at least BL will be notified for when it is time to clean up.

New necromancer character is getting wrecked on P10. I head to town to go sell some goodies for sword money (trying to make a tanky necro that uses corpse explosion heavily). Default staff is in weapon slot 1, I have a magic club equipped in slot 2. Grab a town portal and head back to cathedral 1. I am walking to the stairs for two as I rapidly cycle spells on my right-click with F1-6. Unbeknownst to me, I had my club out, not my staff. I hit F2 (where my healing staff charges were hotkeyed) and the game froze and crashed, but not before I saw the tile pull up for Blood Ritual. It was orange like a staff charge and a bit over-sized/pixelated.

EDIT: Can confirm the glitch happens when you swap quickly from weapon set with charges to a set with no such charges and also pressing the corresponding hotkey for the charged skill.

Staff equipped (heal on F2)-->w (club)--->press F2 again. Healing spell still shows up and the game crashes when I try to interact with anything in the game.

If no cast is attempted and no interaction occurs the game will swap out the invalid skill after approximately 15 seconds. For me, it swaps to firebolt, which I don't have, and the same crash can occur. Perhaps have it swap to a standard attack option?
LGND24

Post by LGND24 »

Found another. Just Putin it here.

If you have an unID'ed item on an unequipped weapon set (on set 1 while you are using set 2) Cain will tell you that he can identify one item for you at the 100 gold cost. You click to affirm the action and the menu goes away, but no sound effect occurs, no gold deduction, and no item IDed. Not a terrible thing, but possibly worth noting.
Davias

Post by Davias »

Ok, I understand quests don't work right, but we have found a bug, when we are in one of the quest areas, the game crashes often and the character save file who wasn't the host don't work anymore. I seeems to happen only because we have started one of the quests.
gulliverrr

Bug

Post by gulliverrr »

Hey, i found one ^^

When i shortcut one of my skills (F2 for example) and i give that skill F2 again the game crashes.
ROLpogo

Fascinating shrine bug

Post by ROLpogo »

LGND24

Multitude of crashes

Post by LGND24 »

There are times that the version seems incredibly unstable, but it is also when I generally have a golem out and about or a golem that just died. Does anyone else experience these crashes that seem to occur with golems?
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

-Don't know how it exacly works , but when fightning risen hero I'm loosing items. They just disappear from my inventory
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
gulliverrr

Bug

Post by gulliverrr »

When i play in SINGLEPLAYER! and i rise a zombie or skeleton from a corpse were an monster is stay on (i think the zombie/skelett got no room to rise) the connection is lost :shock:

But ist a single player game... a message tells me that the host left the game. strange world...
Bloodshot12

Post by Bloodshot12 »

Can comfirm the risen hero glitch, one person i played with lost all her items when we did him.

It might not be related but another had his character get corrupted right after we fought him.

Also certain unique items seem really unstable. I got a unique sword and while using it it crashed, then the sword disappeared from my character sprite even though it was equipped - then the second crash the sword disappeared forever. I can't recall the weapon name though, but i think it was a short sword.
danielson

Post by danielson »

Hi!

I don't know if this is bug/error or whatever or not but I encountered this so far (I'm still low lvl and I play in Single Player):

- I found about 11 rare items at least already (mostly armors) and all of them had only 2 options. Or is this just my bad luck or at the beginning you can only find rare items with max 2 options? (in Belzebub mod these options vary like from 2 to maybe 5 right from the beginning)

- When you create a new sorceror, the charges of his starting "Short Staff of Charged Bolt" vary (e.g. I created a new sorceror and got 42 charges and then 70 at another new one).

- Random crashes?
A): when I did that or the situation became like that again then the crash didn't happen again:

crashed when I was changing my rare Quilted Armor with a rare Robe in front of Griswold

crashed when clicking on a magic Small Shield in my inventory in front of Griswold

- When you use Scroll of Healing in the Trade/Private Stash, it won't be consumed.

B): when I did that or the situation became like that again then the crash happened again:

crashed when clicking on "Salvage Items" (the items I moved to salvage weren't consumed and were in my inventory again; these 4 magic items - 2 club, 1 sash, 1 staff - didn't cause crash when I salvaged them one by one > EDIT: it randomly keeps crashing when salvaging with many items)

Again, these are just things that I encountered. I mean no offense.

EDIT: I will keep updating these and things I encountered at the given page: http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/bug/index.php?page=bug_list
Last edited by danielson on 23 May, 2015 19:53, edited 2 times in total.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Do items also disapear on cathedral levels 1-4?
Dufkor

Post by Dufkor »

I was playing with my friend right now on 0.92. We just start play the game today.

1º After talk with Criswold and sell some itens to him my game crashed.

2º We did a trade operation, he was showing to me some itens that he found and my weapon, his weapon and buckler dissapear. So apear this message saying "An ilegal item has been detected"

We were at lvl 1-2 in the map.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »