Mage Progress In hell

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
iwish7284

Mage Progress In hell

Post by iwish7284 »

I've been farming Lost Treasure, Underground Passage, Smith, and Lazarus for 8 levels now. 37-45. I've been looking for items that will help me progress to Torment.

I have 75-81% resistance, with +4-5 spell level. I can't clear Level 14, 15 or 16. Not sure what to do, I'm getting pretty bored.

I'm assuming I need items that decrease enemy resistances, the problem is All I find are -20% staves, which by itself isn't much.

I use Golem as cannon fodder and spam chain lightning, Elemental Drain, and Fireball where necessary. When I encounter lightning enchanted unique monsters/mobs I use Bone Spirit.

Not sure what I can be doing differently, any advice before I lose interest?
Kaon

Post by Kaon »

yeah, i do have exactly same problem, im doing everything but i still cant get past resists of monsters on hell, im dmging them for like 10-20 dmg with most of spells and only items with -res i found was staves even after long farming

i gived up on this mode because of it..
CaptainCosmotic

Post by CaptainCosmotic »

I've got a lvl 46 Mage and i have reached Diablo in Hell difficulty.
Now im struggeling with him.
Strategies for reaching this point:
75% resistance
Only +2 on Spells (not important)
One Staff with -20% lightning and -15% cold resistance +30 spellpower
One Staff with -20 fire resistance +28 spellpower
Golem on high level.
Spam chain lightnig
Spam Blizzard
Special tactics: elemental drain + spam guardian (they keep dealing the extra damage their whole lifetime)
Exessive use of teleport
stonecurse in some situations
Skipping unbeatable mobs/restart the game
(for Diablo i will try: 90% own fire res -20% Magic res Staff + elemental drain + bonespirit, finish him with guardian)

UPDATE: I was able to beat Diablo with the bonespirit + Golem tactic. A lot of teleport is the Key.
oldbootz

Post by oldbootz »

Well done Captain Cosmotic! Im on my way to diablo on Hell difficulty with my 41 mage.

Your elemental drain + guardian tactic sounds cool I will give that a try.

Another tactic I have found for killing monsters that are resist everything is to let golem hit the mob and use heal other spell to keep golem alive until golem spell cooldown is finished.

Also abusing some game mechanics with teleport + guardian works quite well. Teleport into a room and put up 2 guardians then teleport out the room and the guardians will still be hitting the mob. Rinse and repeat until you have many guardians killing the mob.

I have had trouble killing the Risen Hero on level 5 Valhalla quest since he has haste and lots of resist and heals himself. Still need to kill him on Hell Difficulty.
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

I killed Risen Hero on hell spamming guardians and summoning a golem before opening the room, then i open the room and used magic drain.

My sorc lvl 48 is waiting equips now (stoneskin 350 ac) because my stash and rogue lvl 42 just disappeared from game O.O ... praying for someone fix it.