Horazons Sanctum - No Golem Spell received??

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Fpinne

Horazons Sanctum - No Golem Spell received??

Post by Fpinne »

Hi there!
First of all: Great mod! This is how the vanilla game should have been!

I started a rogue, finished Horazon's Sanctum but unfortunately I killed Horazon before I explored that second half of the level...
After some googeling I found out that the reward -Golem- is only given if one finds the creature of flame tome before killing Horazon... :shock:
This is somewhat stupid imho - especially in such a huge and disorientating level like the Sanctum..
As far as I remember there was also no clue on finding/reading the tome before challenging the Summoner..

So no Golem spell for me?!
Is there a way to get it anyway with my current character?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie out here :wink:
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Not for the current difficulty, the quest is over when you killed the Summoner. You need to have the quest active for it to work, also for ex if you don't read the Arcane Tome (to get the quest) and read the Tome of Knowledge (the one that gives +1 to Golem) it does nothing.

What i do for all 4 difficulties is save up Chamber of Bone (by not reading the Ancient Tome) and Horazon's Sanctum (by not killing the Summoner) and instead just clearing the levels. So that after i can no longer learn anymore spell lvl with +MAG dedicated gear i go and learn them from each difficulty.

But if you want to do them as intended, after you used the telepad to get to Horazon's Sanctum use Warp to get to entrance of the Pit, then use Telekinesis on the lever to open the door that is locked from the outside and clear the way back to the telepad. Once there the one other remaining way leads to Creature of Flame and Cibinensis the Charlatan where you get +1 Golem level. After you got it just use Warp again to get back to the Pit entrance and continue to Doomlock and beyond.
Fpinne

Post by Fpinne »

Not for the current difficulty, the quest is over when you killed the Summoner.
damn...

One question though: Should I continue progressing with my current rogue character through the game's difficulties or would it be better to start over?
I'm asking because I read many things about the importancy of the golem skill in higher difficulties - and I don't want to get to the point where I'm stuck because of literal 'lack of skill' :roll:

PS.: Also, I already did that chamber of bone quest :oops:
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

You can continue, it's not mandatory to hold back on doing those 2 quests. It's just that this way your spells are the best they can be, 1 level less won't make much of a difference. Plus later on when you find Spellweaver recipes you can craft an amulet or a ring with up to +3 to Golem and easy swap if you need to.
Fpinne

Post by Fpinne »

Well I will, then.
Thank you, DacianDraco, for your kind support!

If there was the option to do so, you'd receive a cookie :wink:
Phatsacks

Post by Phatsacks »

What spell level should Golem be for sufficient distraction/tanking at the higher levels? At level 1 he gets destroyed rather quickly, whereas I see him taking serious hits in videos. Just trying to understand at what level the Golem is useful.

FYI - This question is being asked based on playing a rogue, but might be good to answer for other classes with a greater dependency (e.g., sorc).
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Try to get it as high as you can, i personally clear Horazon's Sanctum without killing the Summoner on all difficulties to save up and later get +4 (one for each difficulty) to Golem after i can no longer learn anymore spells just with gear (i never invest in MAG unless i play a Sorcerer or Necromancer). And the Golem (and any minion in general) gets better with each difficulty passed, as in same lvl Golem is better in Nightmare then he was in Normal, etc.

There also is a +5 lvl Golem Spell uniq ring and you could craft a staff with +Golem Spell and have it on switch, it can get +1 or +2 All Spells and if the craft is magnificent you can get an extra of up to +6 Golem Spell (+3 from good roll craft and another +3 from random affix than can appear, but it's quite rare, best i have is with a total of +5). Amulets can have +1 All Spells (min req lvl 29) or +2 All Spells (min req lvl 45), and you could craft ones that get an extra of up to +3 Golem Spell. So chose whichever combination you feel comfortable with.
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

My Rogue have received the maximum level of the golem without Horazon's quest.
hexd

Post by hexd »

@ROLpogo, impressive!...so you got ~1022~ magic on a rogue, to get over 1000 magic on a rogue would take all attribute points and then some, you must have have some crazy magic gear.

BTW my lvl52 rogue has maxed golem, guardian and {Apocalypse(1866 magic)} and NO quests...and i didn't cheat...honest, really, truly....oh okay i lied...hahaha.

And i also like your rogue on youtube... 168 attack time.... nice!!!
If i want to drink and smoke 'til i can't stand-up what the hell is it to you!.
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

All points to magic + perf Magic gear + magic shrine + elixir + shrine of tears.
hexd

Post by hexd »

@ROLpogo, At lvl 60 after accumulating enough experience, do attribute points reset each time you exit game and re-start a new game?. Or do you have to get enough experience again?.
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

After reset you must get enough experience again. About the difference between the levels of 60 and 2 ^ 32.
hexd

Post by hexd »

@ROLpogo, AH...OK, Thank's for that, So it's like going lvl 59 to 60 roughly.

At least you'd have a strong Golem with all that magic, ...Would make an interesting game/character ...sort of explains why you use Rod of Onan (+7 Golem). You certainly do play well, thank's mate! :)