Some questions about the mod

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Jerek

Some questions about the mod

Post by Jerek »

First of all, i will thank you guys, yo make a good job here! I love your work.

Now i have some question:

1) What si the difference between project HD MOD and the awaking mod?
2) I love the barbarian class! but why i cannot use two weapons at same time? As i know it was possibly in hellfire? Is there such a feature for the hd mod planned?

3) Years ago i developed a german patch for diablo 1. And as i remember the issue was that you have to hack the exe itself for translating. This caused many compatibility problems. Do you know if is there a way to link the hacked spaces to an external txt file or something like that in order to prevent to edit the exe directly? Because I'm thinking on to translate your mod into german.

Exuse me for my bad English

Jerek
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

1) What si the difference between project HD MOD and the awaking mod?
Diablo

The Awakening

Belzebub
Jerek

Post by Jerek »

??? :?
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

What si the difference between project HD MOD and the awaking mod?
In "Awakening" mod u have new monsters, bosses. Difficulty level is higher than in original "Diablo". Characters can have higher points in all atributes. They can use new magical and unique items. Of course sorceror and rest can use new spells. In town u can see new NPC's (Vardi etc.).

HD Mod - oh my ... At first u can play in higher resolution!!! We can to choice 6 characters. Add barbarian, assasin and necromancer. All classes have new skills and spells. We can use second set of weapon how in "Diablo II: Lord of Destruction" (press key W). In this mod we have new quests (with Izual, Andariel etc.), new locations (River of Flame etc.), magical and unique items, 4 difficulty levels - last known as Torment :D
Your character can use belt! In town we see new NPC's and NPC's walk in town!!! We can use yet set items (Tal Rasha etc.). Maximum lvl is 60.
Jerek

Post by Jerek »

that sounds nice. If one can use the belt, is there also a feature for caring more Healing potions, like in D2?

wahts about my two other questions? maybe someone can answer?

thank you :)
Samson

Post by Samson »

Yes, the belt mechanic from D2 was fully implemented :) Wearing a belt allows you to carry a good deal more potions than was possible in the original Diablo 1.

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you why Barbarians can't use two weapons at once, or anything about hacking the .exe for translations or compatibility issues. :o
Jerek

Post by Jerek »

ok, thanks anyway! I'm sure some of the developers know.

whatever, i really admire your work here guys!
Jerek

Post by Jerek »

someone?

will be or is there a future for the barbarian to handle with 2 weapons? cause i sow a trailer of the mod where it was actually possible.
Jerek

Post by Jerek »

sorry for dp, but i have one question more.

have i to update the main game before install the mod? or can i overwrite just the vanilla version?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

You don't have to overwrite anything. Just get the mod files from 1st download here http://diablo1.ovh.org/hd/?download and copy the diabdat.mpq from your original D1 cd in the same folder as the files. That's it.

And no, no plans to swing with 2 weapons for barbarian. But we have some sets that have 2 weapons, and any characters can use them.
Jerek

Post by Jerek »

okay, thanl you. so a last question reminds. cause i would love to translate that thing in german
Martim

Post by Martim »

hello! About the translation into German: you should ask Noktis, the moderator, for the texts of the game. Check with him if it is possible and if there isn't anyone else already doing it.