Ridiculous Character Play

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Keighn

Ridiculous Character Play

Post by Keighn »

When I play any game I try it like most players trying to figure out the best DPS and def and builds but then I start role-playing or making just weird alts.

For instance.. Take an alt I call Shaman (more like Sham-man fake).. He's a Barbarian who uses magic. Obviously he needs intelligence items and mana items to even learn a spell or use charged staves and scrolls. GOD he stinks but pretty interesting to play.

Oliver - Green Arrow
Easier than shaman but a barbarian solid archer really doesn't make the cut. I thought of trying warrior for this instead.

ImmaThief (not a member of the sightless eye). She's ok I suppose but she doesn't use bows which almost all her skills are tuned towards. Naturally an assassin would be better suiting at skulking around stabbing you in the throad but hey why not.

Sorceress (Let's try assassin as a solid mage). She's not terrible.

Skullcrusher (the necromancer who likes to wield heavy weapons and smash crap up with the help of his bony buddies). He's a hoot actually.

Spikor - From MOTU this idiot Wizard wears armor that is barbed, spikes, or damages others (the low end stuff is terrible). HE's a fighter too.. probably should have been a barbarian but meh.

Solidsnake - the guy (I forget what class) who only wears -dmg defensive gear. Works great at easy levels.. sucks later on.

Wolverine - barbarian I think... uses indestructible weapons and solid regeneration gear. Actually he's reasonable.

Alucard & Vampiressa - both vamyric weapon uses and some regeneration if that's all they have. One is warrior one is assassin.

Scuz (Mugwump). This guy only wears horrible gear like -8 int, -damage, -HP etc... He loves cursed gear and can't get enough of it. (BTW, don't equip a tone of -vitality gear and get your hp really low at level one then equip a -23HP tunic.. You continually die each time you load up in town). I almost deleted him but place my cursor on where the tunic is with the mouse and left it there.. then used the keyboard to load and quickly grabbed the tunic with the mouse... 33 tries later I managed to get it and he was saved. HUZZAH!

CircusClown - He's a staff fighter (trying to find staves without int requirements took a lot of time.

Captain America.... A fighter that only uses shield bash as a weapon. When picking up stuff just switch weapons really quick so the item goes into inventory then switch back and shield bash away.

MrMonk (Shorty) same principle as captain America when picking stuff up. He uses only his fists to punch (I am using barbarian here). items that give you fire hit damage like that cloak and necklace certainly help and beserk fury helps when punching.

I have some guys that only use lightning, or fire, or cold.. (not too many items for magic attack only). I have Meatloaf (was meatpuppet) who only stacks solid vitality (unless he needs an item with str) and Hit point items.

HULK is buff....

Shiningforce loves bright lights...

Darkness loves the dark...

eh.. I'm sure I have others.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

:shock: Ridiculous indeed.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I have been doing something similar with all of my characters and the massive inventory I have.

Have been setting up equipment combinations and sets in the best or at least as good configuration as I can get them. Once the gear is set with maximum damage, defense, mana and life leach, stats and max resistances I test play a farm a level. Maybe make some alterations. Then rest that group of items in inventory stash together.

For some of the unique combinations that are lower level, or very specific in capability, it makes some of the normally easy levels challenging for higher level characters without their preferred top end gear.

It has been a game changer since I can craft upgrade set armor and unique armor and weapons.

I will start trying out combinations of single and mixed crafted gear.

All of my characters (one of each class) are level 40-50 now and I haven't really dropped deep into torment yet.

So there is a lot of playability with higher level characters on lower level dungeons with uniques and sets.
Keighn

Post by Keighn »

I only beat easy (ER regular) with a Mage (yeah the easiest).

Has anyone beat diablo when he goes apes hit mega. I assume this is when he can open up portals and summon mobs. Not sure what else he can do over "non amped up".

Working on: shocker, mrfrost, and fireball ATM. Maybe I should have named them after Flash characters. Which reminds me... I need to make an alt that swings mega-fast and shrugs off attacks so delay is as less ad possible (starting at level 1). Wondering if assassin is the way to go and should I stick with dagger/club routine. Blocking slows me down.